Sep 13, 2010, 3:59 PM EDT
The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals ruled today that he government’s seizure of the positive PED tests from the 2003 pilot testing program was illegal. This affirms previous lower court rulings and overturns the one Appeals Court ruling to the contrary. The decision — a lengthy one with lengthy dissents — can be read here. I haven’t yet read it all, so my observations on the law will have to wait a bit.
But the upshot is clear: all of the names that have been leaked from that 2003 testing, including David Ortiz, Sammy Sosa and Alex Rodriguez, were obtained illegally by the government and in violation of those players’ Constitutional rights.
Please try to remember that the next time you spout off about how “all the names should be released” and other such nonsense. We still have a Constitution in this country after all. Let’s try to respect it.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)