Sep 14, 2010, 8:49 AM EDT
Boy, didn’t see this one coming. Totally blindsided here:
Daian Peña, the girlfriend of hotheaded Mets hurler Francisco Rodriguez, and her father, Carlos Peña, have hired a lawyer.
Jeff Korek won’t say if he plans to sue for injuries Carlos Peña
suffered when cops say the 6-foot, 195-pound reliever attacked him after
an Aug. 11 Mets loss at Citi Field.
Of course if Pena sues for injuries it will likely be the first time we’ve heard of any sort of injury he suffered during the skirmish. A skirmish which some people who know things about have described as a “slap fight.” Which, sure, is still not at all cool, but it’s not like there are surgical bills that need to be paid for here. Well, at least those besides K-Rod’s own for the ligament he screwed up.
Oh, and maybe this was out there before, but it’s the first time I’m seeing it reported: the fight started when Pena told K-Rod’s mom to shut up and insulted her. The law doesn’t provide for a “don’t talk about my momma” defense, but juries tend to be rather sympathetic to that sort of thing, so fight the suit, K-Rod! Don’t settle! Make him go all the way!
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 0
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 6
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 52
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)