Sep 14, 2010, 8:49 AM EDT
Boy, didn’t see this one coming. Totally blindsided here:
Daian Peña, the girlfriend of hotheaded Mets hurler Francisco Rodriguez, and her father, Carlos Peña, have hired a lawyer.
Jeff Korek won’t say if he plans to sue for injuries Carlos Peña
suffered when cops say the 6-foot, 195-pound reliever attacked him after
an Aug. 11 Mets loss at Citi Field.
Of course if Pena sues for injuries it will likely be the first time we’ve heard of any sort of injury he suffered during the skirmish. A skirmish which some people who know things about have described as a “slap fight.” Which, sure, is still not at all cool, but it’s not like there are surgical bills that need to be paid for here. Well, at least those besides K-Rod’s own for the ligament he screwed up.
Oh, and maybe this was out there before, but it’s the first time I’m seeing it reported: the fight started when Pena told K-Rod’s mom to shut up and insulted her. The law doesn’t provide for a “don’t talk about my momma” defense, but juries tend to be rather sympathetic to that sort of thing, so fight the suit, K-Rod! Don’t settle! Make him go all the way!
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 7
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 38
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 28
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)