Sep 14, 2010, 8:49 AM EDT
Boy, didn’t see this one coming. Totally blindsided here:
Daian Peña, the girlfriend of hotheaded Mets hurler Francisco Rodriguez, and her father, Carlos Peña, have hired a lawyer.
Jeff Korek won’t say if he plans to sue for injuries Carlos Peña
suffered when cops say the 6-foot, 195-pound reliever attacked him after
an Aug. 11 Mets loss at Citi Field.
Of course if Pena sues for injuries it will likely be the first time we’ve heard of any sort of injury he suffered during the skirmish. A skirmish which some people who know things about have described as a “slap fight.” Which, sure, is still not at all cool, but it’s not like there are surgical bills that need to be paid for here. Well, at least those besides K-Rod’s own for the ligament he screwed up.
Oh, and maybe this was out there before, but it’s the first time I’m seeing it reported: the fight started when Pena told K-Rod’s mom to shut up and insulted her. The law doesn’t provide for a “don’t talk about my momma” defense, but juries tend to be rather sympathetic to that sort of thing, so fight the suit, K-Rod! Don’t settle! Make him go all the way!
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 329
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 66
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 43
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (329)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (159)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)