I am so proud to be a Braves fan this day

Sep 14, 2010, 1:28 PM EDT

Did you know that Moises Alou was born in Atlanta? It’s true!  In related news:

The good news: More Americans are washing their hands of bathroom germs. The bad news: Except for the guys at Turner Field . . .

. . . While 98 percent of women that use the Turner Field restrooms washed
their hands, only 65 percent of men did. And, if that doesn’t gross you
out, that number is up from the 57 percent who washed up in 2007,
according to the study. Yep, the dirtiest hands in the country belong to the men at Turner Field.

I’ll note for the record that I have never actually been to a baseball game at Turner Field. And after reading this, I may not do so in the future.

1. King Ding-A-Ling - Sep 14, 2010 at 1:38 PM

Why the hell was this study even done? Who cares?

2. Kevin S. - Sep 14, 2010 at 1:39 PM

I like Turner Field. Generally good view of the stadium from wherever you are, affordable prices (supply and demand for the win!), really nice job done on honoring the team’s history in their museum, good beer in an accessible location (though CBP and Citi both outstrip it in that department). Seeing as I’m going to be in Atlanta Oct. 12-21, I’m pulling for the Braves to make the LCS solely so I can actually get my hands on a ticket that deep into the playoffs.

3. Slanch - Sep 14, 2010 at 1:47 PM

Moises Alou can be president!
    Too soon to start the grassroots organizations for Alou in 2012?

4. MNPawn - Sep 14, 2010 at 1:48 PM

How can you say you are a Braves fan, but you’ve never been to a game at Turner Field? Nationals Blogger Guy says it is impossible to be a fan unless you are dressed head to toe in your team’s gear, and are a season ticket holder.
    On a serious note. Who got to stand in the bathroom all day and count how many people washed their hands? I know unemployment rates are up, but I think after that day somebody else willingly quit their job.

5. Tim's Neighbor - Sep 14, 2010 at 1:53 PM

Oh man.

6. Ole Red Eye - Sep 14, 2010 at 2:00 PM

If the Reds meet the Braves in the the playoffs this year, you should meet me in Atlanta for a game. It is about a 3.5 hour drive for me. I have a buddy who lives 5 minutes from downtown. I’ll bring the hand sanitizer.

7. Drbondz - Sep 14, 2010 at 2:01 PM

so… that makes you part of the 35%?

8. Old Gator - Sep 14, 2010 at 2:08 PM

Isn’t it possible that a higher percentage of men than women aren’t pissing on their hands in the first place?

9. Jonny5 - Sep 14, 2010 at 2:16 PM

That kinda sucks man. Not the Dirty male Braves fan thing. The “I never have been to Turner to see a ballgame” part. Dude, you need to put your foot down and just do it. But please wash and rinse after flushing the system. You don’t want to become another statistic do you?

10. Jonny5 - Sep 14, 2010 at 2:24 PM

Gator, from what I hear, at large events from the ladies, is that the women’s restrooms are totally disgusting with used TP and feminine hygine products strewn about the floors. This would cause even a septic tank repairman to wash himself after being exposed to it.

11. PhilliesGotRings - Sep 14, 2010 at 2:55 PM

Great to know if I ever go back there. My car was parked on the top side of the stadium near Martin Luther King Blvd —-IN A STADIUM PAID LOT and they smashed my window and stole all my spare change and CDs.

12. Lans Downe - Sep 14, 2010 at 3:02 PM

Thought the same thing.

13. Kiwicricket - Sep 14, 2010 at 3:26 PM

Well if you rolled like Fred Flintstone, this wouldn’t be a problem. Think more ecologic in the future.

14. Kiwicricket - Sep 14, 2010 at 3:31 PM

You are along the right lines Gator. It’s actually more disease ridden to even touch any sort of instrument in a public bathroom than to not wash entirely. Basic rule according to microbiology….pee-pee…no wash hands. Kaka….why are you doing that in a ballpark bathroom anyway?

15. Marty Winn - Sep 14, 2010 at 3:32 PM

I remember a joke that went something like this:
    A soldier and a marine are leaving the restroom at the same time. The soldier notices the marine did not wash his hands before leaving and says, “In the army they taught us to wash our hands after going to the bathroom.” The marine says, “In the marines they taught us not to pee on our hands.”

16. birdmancometh - Sep 14, 2010 at 4:28 PM

You’re still touching your di(K man!! Wash up!

17. walk - Sep 14, 2010 at 5:51 PM

I am ever thankful for new water faucets that turn on by motion and the hot air hand dryers. I will use the others but i follow it up with the hand sanitizer asap.

Can Angels recoup loss of Richards?
  1. R. Castillo (4899)