Sep 14, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
When you get kicked out of a game, you can’t come back on the field to celebrate a walkoff home run. Ian Kinsler didn’t follow that rule this past Friday, however, and as a result he’s been suspended one game.
Man, I hope no one hits a walkoff homer the day he serves his suspension. He may not be able to restrain himself:
Selig: You just bought yourself another game, mister!
Kinsler: Well, I’m free the game after that, but beyond that I’m gonna have to check my calendar.
Selig: Good, because it’s gonna be filled. We’ll keep goin’. You want another? Just say the word. Just say the word! Instead of going to prison, you’ll come here! Are you though?
Selig: I’m doin’ society a favor!
Selig: That’s another one, right now! I’ve got you for the rest of your natural born life if you don’t watch your step! You want another one?
Selig: You though?
Kinsler: Not even close . . . BUD!
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)