Sep 14, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
When you get kicked out of a game, you can’t come back on the field to celebrate a walkoff home run. Ian Kinsler didn’t follow that rule this past Friday, however, and as a result he’s been suspended one game.
Man, I hope no one hits a walkoff homer the day he serves his suspension. He may not be able to restrain himself:
Selig: You just bought yourself another game, mister!
Kinsler: Well, I’m free the game after that, but beyond that I’m gonna have to check my calendar.
Selig: Good, because it’s gonna be filled. We’ll keep goin’. You want another? Just say the word. Just say the word! Instead of going to prison, you’ll come here! Are you though?
Selig: I’m doin’ society a favor!
Selig: That’s another one, right now! I’ve got you for the rest of your natural born life if you don’t watch your step! You want another one?
Selig: You though?
Kinsler: Not even close . . . BUD!
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 6
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 20
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 56
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 69
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 93
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (94)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)