Sep 14, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
When you get kicked out of a game, you can’t come back on the field to celebrate a walkoff home run. Ian Kinsler didn’t follow that rule this past Friday, however, and as a result he’s been suspended one game.
Man, I hope no one hits a walkoff homer the day he serves his suspension. He may not be able to restrain himself:
Selig: You just bought yourself another game, mister!
Kinsler: Well, I’m free the game after that, but beyond that I’m gonna have to check my calendar.
Selig: Good, because it’s gonna be filled. We’ll keep goin’. You want another? Just say the word. Just say the word! Instead of going to prison, you’ll come here! Are you though?
Selig: I’m doin’ society a favor!
Selig: That’s another one, right now! I’ve got you for the rest of your natural born life if you don’t watch your step! You want another one?
Selig: You though?
Kinsler: Not even close . . . BUD!
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 52
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11