Sep 14, 2010, 4:30 PM EST
When you get kicked out of a game, you can’t come back on the field to celebrate a walkoff home run. Ian Kinsler didn’t follow that rule this past Friday, however, and as a result he’s been suspended one game.
Man, I hope no one hits a walkoff homer the day he serves his suspension. He may not be able to restrain himself:
Selig: You just bought yourself another game, mister!
Kinsler: Well, I’m free the game after that, but beyond that I’m gonna have to check my calendar.
Selig: Good, because it’s gonna be filled. We’ll keep goin’. You want another? Just say the word. Just say the word! Instead of going to prison, you’ll come here! Are you though?
Selig: I’m doin’ society a favor!
Selig: That’s another one, right now! I’ve got you for the rest of your natural born life if you don’t watch your step! You want another one?
Selig: You though?
Kinsler: Not even close . . . BUD!
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (86)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)