Sep 14, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
When you get kicked out of a game, you can’t come back on the field to celebrate a walkoff home run. Ian Kinsler didn’t follow that rule this past Friday, however, and as a result he’s been suspended one game.
Man, I hope no one hits a walkoff homer the day he serves his suspension. He may not be able to restrain himself:
Selig: You just bought yourself another game, mister!
Kinsler: Well, I’m free the game after that, but beyond that I’m gonna have to check my calendar.
Selig: Good, because it’s gonna be filled. We’ll keep goin’. You want another? Just say the word. Just say the word! Instead of going to prison, you’ll come here! Are you though?
Selig: I’m doin’ society a favor!
Selig: That’s another one, right now! I’ve got you for the rest of your natural born life if you don’t watch your step! You want another one?
Selig: You though?
Kinsler: Not even close . . . BUD!
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 44
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 60
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (98)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)