Sep 14, 2010, 6:28 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton resumed swinging Tuesday, only to shut himself down after experiencing a spasm in his rib-cage area.
It was the first time Hamilton had picked up a bat since suffering three bruised ribs in a collision with the outfield wall at Target Field on Sept. 5. He made it through about 25 swings before the pain got to him and he called it a day.
After the session, he said he wouldn’t attempt to swing again Wednesday. There’s still no timetable for his return. Since this has to be viewed as a setback, it doesn’t appear all that likely that he’ll return to the starting lineup this week.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 68
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 7
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)