Sep 14, 2010, 6:28 PM EST
Josh Hamilton resumed swinging Tuesday, only to shut himself down after experiencing a spasm in his rib-cage area.
It was the first time Hamilton had picked up a bat since suffering three bruised ribs in a collision with the outfield wall at Target Field on Sept. 5. He made it through about 25 swings before the pain got to him and he called it a day.
After the session, he said he wouldn’t attempt to swing again Wednesday. There’s still no timetable for his return. Since this has to be viewed as a setback, it doesn’t appear all that likely that he’ll return to the starting lineup this week.
- Report: Cuban infielder Hector Olivera could have damaged ulnar collateral ligament 1
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 12
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 10
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 142
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 372
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (372)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (143)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (91)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)