Sep 14, 2010, 6:28 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton resumed swinging Tuesday, only to shut himself down after experiencing a spasm in his rib-cage area.
It was the first time Hamilton had picked up a bat since suffering three bruised ribs in a collision with the outfield wall at Target Field on Sept. 5. He made it through about 25 swings before the pain got to him and he called it a day.
After the session, he said he wouldn’t attempt to swing again Wednesday. There’s still no timetable for his return. Since this has to be viewed as a setback, it doesn’t appear all that likely that he’ll return to the starting lineup this week.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)