Sep 14, 2010, 6:28 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton resumed swinging Tuesday, only to shut himself down after experiencing a spasm in his rib-cage area.
It was the first time Hamilton had picked up a bat since suffering three bruised ribs in a collision with the outfield wall at Target Field on Sept. 5. He made it through about 25 swings before the pain got to him and he called it a day.
After the session, he said he wouldn’t attempt to swing again Wednesday. There’s still no timetable for his return. Since this has to be viewed as a setback, it doesn’t appear all that likely that he’ll return to the starting lineup this week.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)