Sep 14, 2010, 6:28 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton resumed swinging Tuesday, only to shut himself down after experiencing a spasm in his rib-cage area.
It was the first time Hamilton had picked up a bat since suffering three bruised ribs in a collision with the outfield wall at Target Field on Sept. 5. He made it through about 25 swings before the pain got to him and he called it a day.
After the session, he said he wouldn’t attempt to swing again Wednesday. There’s still no timetable for his return. Since this has to be viewed as a setback, it doesn’t appear all that likely that he’ll return to the starting lineup this week.
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 20
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 44
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 101
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 59