Sep 14, 2010, 5:29 PM EDT
It’s not a loud chorus — more of a madrigal group that meets each Tuesday after choir practice — but it is growing:
Ozzie Guillen to the Marlins. It makes almost too much sense.
Guillen lives in Miami. He was the Marlins’ third base coach when they won the World Series in 2003. His relationship with White Sox GM Ken Williams is turbulent, to say the least.
On top of all that, the Marlins want their new manager to be passionate
and fiery – the opposite of Fredi Gonzalez, whom they considered to be
Makes sense. It made sense back in June too, when the Miami-based blog “City of Champions” reported
that the biggest stumbling block to the Marlins hiring a new manager
was that they were “infatuated” with Guillen and wanted to leave the
door open to him coming there once his deal is up.
I gotta feelin’ he could get out of that deal pretty easily if he wanted to now that it appears the season will end with a second place finish.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 11
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 16
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)