Sep 14, 2010, 5:29 PM EDT
It’s not a loud chorus — more of a madrigal group that meets each Tuesday after choir practice — but it is growing:
Ozzie Guillen to the Marlins. It makes almost too much sense.
Guillen lives in Miami. He was the Marlins’ third base coach when they won the World Series in 2003. His relationship with White Sox GM Ken Williams is turbulent, to say the least.
On top of all that, the Marlins want their new manager to be passionate
and fiery – the opposite of Fredi Gonzalez, whom they considered to be
Makes sense. It made sense back in June too, when the Miami-based blog “City of Champions” reported
that the biggest stumbling block to the Marlins hiring a new manager
was that they were “infatuated” with Guillen and wanted to leave the
door open to him coming there once his deal is up.
I gotta feelin’ he could get out of that deal pretty easily if he wanted to now that it appears the season will end with a second place finish.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 7
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 11
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 88
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (89)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)