Sep 14, 2010, 5:29 PM EDT
It’s not a loud chorus — more of a madrigal group that meets each Tuesday after choir practice — but it is growing:
Ozzie Guillen to the Marlins. It makes almost too much sense.
Guillen lives in Miami. He was the Marlins’ third base coach when they won the World Series in 2003. His relationship with White Sox GM Ken Williams is turbulent, to say the least.
On top of all that, the Marlins want their new manager to be passionate
and fiery – the opposite of Fredi Gonzalez, whom they considered to be
Makes sense. It made sense back in June too, when the Miami-based blog “City of Champions” reported
that the biggest stumbling block to the Marlins hiring a new manager
was that they were “infatuated” with Guillen and wanted to leave the
door open to him coming there once his deal is up.
I gotta feelin’ he could get out of that deal pretty easily if he wanted to now that it appears the season will end with a second place finish.
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 0
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 21
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 53
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)