Sep 14, 2010, 5:29 PM EST
It’s not a loud chorus — more of a madrigal group that meets each Tuesday after choir practice — but it is growing:
Ozzie Guillen to the Marlins. It makes almost too much sense.
Guillen lives in Miami. He was the Marlins’ third base coach when they won the World Series in 2003. His relationship with White Sox GM Ken Williams is turbulent, to say the least.
On top of all that, the Marlins want their new manager to be passionate
and fiery – the opposite of Fredi Gonzalez, whom they considered to be
Makes sense. It made sense back in June too, when the Miami-based blog “City of Champions” reported
that the biggest stumbling block to the Marlins hiring a new manager
was that they were “infatuated” with Guillen and wanted to leave the
door open to him coming there once his deal is up.
I gotta feelin’ he could get out of that deal pretty easily if he wanted to now that it appears the season will end with a second place finish.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 56
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)