Sep 14, 2010, 5:29 PM EDT
It’s not a loud chorus — more of a madrigal group that meets each Tuesday after choir practice — but it is growing:
Ozzie Guillen to the Marlins. It makes almost too much sense.
Guillen lives in Miami. He was the Marlins’ third base coach when they won the World Series in 2003. His relationship with White Sox GM Ken Williams is turbulent, to say the least.
On top of all that, the Marlins want their new manager to be passionate
and fiery – the opposite of Fredi Gonzalez, whom they considered to be
Makes sense. It made sense back in June too, when the Miami-based blog “City of Champions” reported
that the biggest stumbling block to the Marlins hiring a new manager
was that they were “infatuated” with Guillen and wanted to leave the
door open to him coming there once his deal is up.
I gotta feelin’ he could get out of that deal pretty easily if he wanted to now that it appears the season will end with a second place finish.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 5
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 16
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 57
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)