Sep 14, 2010, 5:57 PM EST
Nick Swisher played through some knee pain, but it didn’t get better, so he had an MRI on it today. The MRI revealed inflammation, thankfully, and no
structural damage.That doesn’t make it hurt any less, however, so he got a cortisone shot. Joe Girardi just told the sporting press that Swisher is out until at least Friday.
Query: how many people who complain about the Yankees payroll and all of that stuff during the hot stove season will remember this part of the year, when an aging and increasingly fragile Yankees team is struggling mightily to keep the ship afloat? My guess is damn few will, and we’ll hear more about how they need to realign the divisions and call off the season and everything simply because New York has signed an expensive player or two.
Money is an advantage. But it’s one that mostly buys older players, and older players get hurt and get tired. They still gotta play ballgames.
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 2
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a 5-year, $90 million deal with Hanley Ramirez 22
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 22
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)