Sep 14, 2010, 5:57 PM EDT
Nick Swisher played through some knee pain, but it didn’t get better, so he had an MRI on it today. The MRI revealed inflammation, thankfully, and no
structural damage.That doesn’t make it hurt any less, however, so he got a cortisone shot. Joe Girardi just told the sporting press that Swisher is out until at least Friday.
Query: how many people who complain about the Yankees payroll and all of that stuff during the hot stove season will remember this part of the year, when an aging and increasingly fragile Yankees team is struggling mightily to keep the ship afloat? My guess is damn few will, and we’ll hear more about how they need to realign the divisions and call off the season and everything simply because New York has signed an expensive player or two.
Money is an advantage. But it’s one that mostly buys older players, and older players get hurt and get tired. They still gotta play ballgames.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 55
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 5
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)