Sep 14, 2010, 5:57 PM EDT
Nick Swisher played through some knee pain, but it didn’t get better, so he had an MRI on it today. The MRI revealed inflammation, thankfully, and no
structural damage.That doesn’t make it hurt any less, however, so he got a cortisone shot. Joe Girardi just told the sporting press that Swisher is out until at least Friday.
Query: how many people who complain about the Yankees payroll and all of that stuff during the hot stove season will remember this part of the year, when an aging and increasingly fragile Yankees team is struggling mightily to keep the ship afloat? My guess is damn few will, and we’ll hear more about how they need to realign the divisions and call off the season and everything simply because New York has signed an expensive player or two.
Money is an advantage. But it’s one that mostly buys older players, and older players get hurt and get tired. They still gotta play ballgames.
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 21
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 38
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 21
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 32
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)