Sep 14, 2010, 5:57 PM EDT
Nick Swisher played through some knee pain, but it didn’t get better, so he had an MRI on it today. The MRI revealed inflammation, thankfully, and no
structural damage.That doesn’t make it hurt any less, however, so he got a cortisone shot. Joe Girardi just told the sporting press that Swisher is out until at least Friday.
Query: how many people who complain about the Yankees payroll and all of that stuff during the hot stove season will remember this part of the year, when an aging and increasingly fragile Yankees team is struggling mightily to keep the ship afloat? My guess is damn few will, and we’ll hear more about how they need to realign the divisions and call off the season and everything simply because New York has signed an expensive player or two.
Money is an advantage. But it’s one that mostly buys older players, and older players get hurt and get tired. They still gotta play ballgames.
- The Cubs to announce the hiring of Joe Maddon on Monday 41
- Cubs fire manager Rick Renteria, clear way for Joe Maddon 73
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 26
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 132
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 32
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 110
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 19
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 89
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (282)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game (132)
- Fox’s World Series broadcast gets a low grade from The New York Times (112)