Sep 14, 2010, 5:18 PM EDT
In a preview of what their first-round opponent might see in the playoffs, the Phillies have adjusted their rotation so that Roy Halladay, Roy Oswalt, and Cole Hamels are lined up to get the starts in next week’s crucial three-game series against the Braves.
Beating the Braves would go a long way toward the Phillies capturing homefield advantage and the ability to choose an extended schedule for their NLDS series, which would in turn allow them to rely solely on The Big Three in Round 1.
In other words, if Halladay, Oswalt, and Hamels come up big next week against Atlanta they may also get a chance to do the same against a non-Atlanta team in the NLDS.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (76)