Sep 14, 2010, 2:30 PM EDT
It’s been rumored forever, but the Round Rock Express — currently the Astros’ AAA affiliate — has called a press conference for Thursday during which it will be announced that they’re going to become the Rangers top minor league club.
Well, we presume so, given that they’re (a) partially-owned by Nolan Ryan; (b) Nolan Ryan now partially-owns the Rangers; (c) Ryan will be at the press conference; and (d) everyone on the planet has been saying this would happen.
But boy, it would be the heel-turn to end all heel-turns if the President of the Express ripped open his oxford button down to reveal, I dunno, an Oakland A’s t-shirt and then hit Ryan over the head with a folding chair, wouldn’t it?
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 18
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 3
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 15
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 7
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 36
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)