Sep 14, 2010, 2:30 PM EDT
It’s been rumored forever, but the Round Rock Express — currently the Astros’ AAA affiliate — has called a press conference for Thursday during which it will be announced that they’re going to become the Rangers top minor league club.
Well, we presume so, given that they’re (a) partially-owned by Nolan Ryan; (b) Nolan Ryan now partially-owns the Rangers; (c) Ryan will be at the press conference; and (d) everyone on the planet has been saying this would happen.
But boy, it would be the heel-turn to end all heel-turns if the President of the Express ripped open his oxford button down to reveal, I dunno, an Oakland A’s t-shirt and then hit Ryan over the head with a folding chair, wouldn’t it?
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)