Sep 14, 2010, 2:30 PM EDT
It’s been rumored forever, but the Round Rock Express — currently the Astros’ AAA affiliate — has called a press conference for Thursday during which it will be announced that they’re going to become the Rangers top minor league club.
Well, we presume so, given that they’re (a) partially-owned by Nolan Ryan; (b) Nolan Ryan now partially-owns the Rangers; (c) Ryan will be at the press conference; and (d) everyone on the planet has been saying this would happen.
But boy, it would be the heel-turn to end all heel-turns if the President of the Express ripped open his oxford button down to reveal, I dunno, an Oakland A’s t-shirt and then hit Ryan over the head with a folding chair, wouldn’t it?
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 6
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 30
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 10
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 29
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 19
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (190)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)