Sep 15, 2010, 8:24 AM EDT
I can’t wait for the Dodgers offseason to get going, because I really have no clue what they’re going to do. I could see everything from quietly and maddeningly standing pat again (query: who is the 2011 version of Jamey Carroll?), or I could see them totally tearing it down and starting from a near-Marlins-level payroll.
If they’re thinking more along the latter lines, Andre Ethier just helped them out by telling some friends that he’d “love to go to Boston.” That report from Sean McAdam, who agrees that anything could happen in L.A. this winter.
For his part, Ned Colletti says that the Dodgers are going to be much more active this winter. Maybe. But I have this feeling that Colletti isn’t the one making the final call on such matters. I also have this feeling that Frank McCourt won’t decide where things are going until he has more clarity on the legal front.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 0
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 23
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 77
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 52
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)