Sep 15, 2010, 8:24 AM EDT
I can’t wait for the Dodgers offseason to get going, because I really have no clue what they’re going to do. I could see everything from quietly and maddeningly standing pat again (query: who is the 2011 version of Jamey Carroll?), or I could see them totally tearing it down and starting from a near-Marlins-level payroll.
If they’re thinking more along the latter lines, Andre Ethier just helped them out by telling some friends that he’d “love to go to Boston.” That report from Sean McAdam, who agrees that anything could happen in L.A. this winter.
For his part, Ned Colletti says that the Dodgers are going to be much more active this winter. Maybe. But I have this feeling that Colletti isn’t the one making the final call on such matters. I also have this feeling that Frank McCourt won’t decide where things are going until he has more clarity on the legal front.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 73
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 13
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 34
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 38
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 350
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (350)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (185)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)