Sep 15, 2010, 8:24 AM EDT
I can’t wait for the Dodgers offseason to get going, because I really have no clue what they’re going to do. I could see everything from quietly and maddeningly standing pat again (query: who is the 2011 version of Jamey Carroll?), or I could see them totally tearing it down and starting from a near-Marlins-level payroll.
If they’re thinking more along the latter lines, Andre Ethier just helped them out by telling some friends that he’d “love to go to Boston.” That report from Sean McAdam, who agrees that anything could happen in L.A. this winter.
For his part, Ned Colletti says that the Dodgers are going to be much more active this winter. Maybe. But I have this feeling that Colletti isn’t the one making the final call on such matters. I also have this feeling that Frank McCourt won’t decide where things are going until he has more clarity on the legal front.
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 32
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 31
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 44
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 58
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)