Andre Ethier would love to go to Boston

Sep 15, 2010, 8:24 AM EDT

I can’t wait for the Dodgers offseason to get going, because I really have no clue what they’re going to do. I could see everything from quietly and maddeningly standing pat again (query: who is the 2011 version of Jamey Carroll?), or I could see them totally tearing it down and starting from a near-Marlins-level payroll.

If they’re thinking more along the latter lines, Andre Ethier just helped them out by telling some friends that he’d “love to go to Boston.” That report from Sean McAdam, who agrees that anything could happen in L.A. this winter.

For his part, Ned Colletti says that the Dodgers are going to be much more active this winter.  Maybe. But I have this feeling that Colletti isn’t the one making the final call on such matters. I also have this feeling that Frank McCourt won’t decide where things are going until he has more clarity on the legal front.

1. Philip P - Sep 15, 2010 at 8:37 AM

Shoot me now!

2. CM_Wang - Sep 15, 2010 at 8:53 AM

Well, Andre, in Boston they’d kill a guy for saying he’d “love to go” to another team. Stay in Cali where no one cares, son.

3. WellNow - Sep 15, 2010 at 9:01 AM

Send him our way, plz.

4. Ditto65 - Sep 15, 2010 at 9:10 AM

Maybe that is why he wants out.

5. Adenzeno - Sep 15, 2010 at 9:41 AM

The Mets will trade for him. He will hit 253 wi 17 Hr and 74 RBI-I would guess they will trade Parnell, Pelfrey,and Angel Pagan.
    Parnell wil become the new Gagne(minus roids), Pelfrey will become a consistent 220 inning guy winning 100 games for LA, and Pagan will be an excellent CF hitting .280- 310 wi 15-20 HR for the next 5 years….

6. CM_Wang - Sep 15, 2010 at 9:55 AM

Good point.

7. matt - Sep 15, 2010 at 10:25 AM

Ethier is a punk. I remember reading a story before the start of the season that he was being nasty and surly to everyone under the sun. When asked why he had a problem his response was “why shouldn’t I have a problem?”. Give me a break. Yeah Andre, all them soldiers listening to bullets wizzing by their heads sure can relate to the tough life you have. Take your thumb out of your mouth loser.

8. Paper Lions - Sep 15, 2010 at 10:36 AM

With such a well sourced and specific comment, I’m sold. I hate Ethier now, punk.

9. CARedSox - Sep 15, 2010 at 11:02 AM

I believe I read somewhere that he and Pedroia are best of friends….is that a good thing for Boston or bad?

10. BDWA - Sep 15, 2010 at 12:53 PM

Pedroia and Ethier were teammates (I think roommates also) at Arizona State.

11. Kiwicricket - Sep 15, 2010 at 1:07 PM

If I’m not mistaken, both examples have a choice in the matter

Patience finally paying off for Royals fans
  1. R. Castillo (3063)