Sep 15, 2010, 2:59 PM EDT
The Yankees have structured Pettitte’s comeback in such a way that the
Rays will not get a last look at the veteran before the start of the
Andy Pettitte has pitched in 526 baseball games over the past 16 seasons. 31 of those games have come against the Rays. He hasn’t altered his pitching style since the first day I laid eyes on him. The only pitcher with whom the Rays are likely to have a greater familiarity is whoever throws BP at Tropicana Field.
Know what? I think a “last look at the veteran before the start of the playoffs” wouldn’t matter all that much.
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 3
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 45
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 87
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)