Sep 15, 2010, 8:25 PM EST
Good news here for the Padres.
According to Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports, San Diego right-hander Chris Young is finally rehabilitated from a shoulder injury and will return to the Padres’ starting rotation on Saturday against the Cardinals.
Young made just one start this year — during the first week of April — before he was shut down. He also and topped out at just 14 starts last season. But the 31-year-old out of Princeton could play a major impact for the first-place Friars this month as they attempt to lock up the National League West crown.
Young tossed 5.2 shutout innings in his final rehab start Saturday at Single-A Lake Elsinore. He should be able to go six-plus innings this weekend in St. Louis.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (110)