Sep 15, 2010, 4:17 PM EDT
Felix Hernandez and David Price are always featured in discussions of the best young pitchers in baseball, and rightfully so to say the least, but at 24 years old they’re almost elderly compared to, say, 22-year-old Dodgers southpaw Clayton Kershaw.
After writing earlier today about Kershaw’s unique dominance at such a young age I became curious about which 23-and-under starting pitcher the Hardball Talk readership would choose to build a team around. Ignoring all service time and salary issues and simply focusing on which guy you’d want to make the building block for your franchise, who gets the nod?
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12