Sep 15, 2010, 4:05 PM EDT
I can’t decide if watching John Lannan shut down the Braves is worse than watching Livan Hernandez do it, but hey, at least I have recent data points on both of those things in order to make an informed comparison! The Braves dropped yet another game they had no business dropping if they plan on playing past October 3rd, losing 4-2 to the Nationals this afternoon.
All of the Nats runs came on a Justin Maxwell grand slam in the second inning. The Braves scored a run on a groundout and an RBI single. They ran out of multiple other opportunities, however, with Martin Prado getting nailed at the plate once and Jason Heyward getting called out when he couldn’t avoid a batted ball while running the bases. It was pretty dreadful.
The Braves are now 2.5 back pending tonight’s Phillies-Marlins game. It may be more useful for Braves fans to watch the wild card standings, however. They’re a game up there, though tied in the loss column.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (122)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy