Sep 15, 2010, 4:05 PM EDT
I can’t decide if watching John Lannan shut down the Braves is worse than watching Livan Hernandez do it, but hey, at least I have recent data points on both of those things in order to make an informed comparison! The Braves dropped yet another game they had no business dropping if they plan on playing past October 3rd, losing 4-2 to the Nationals this afternoon.
All of the Nats runs came on a Justin Maxwell grand slam in the second inning. The Braves scored a run on a groundout and an RBI single. They ran out of multiple other opportunities, however, with Martin Prado getting nailed at the plate once and Jason Heyward getting called out when he couldn’t avoid a batted ball while running the bases. It was pretty dreadful.
The Braves are now 2.5 back pending tonight’s Phillies-Marlins game. It may be more useful for Braves fans to watch the wild card standings, however. They’re a game up there, though tied in the loss column.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- The Lester trade is a win-win 91
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 148
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 91
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (147)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (120)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)