Sep 15, 2010, 12:45 PM EDT
Bryce Harper will kick off his professional career tomorrow when he joins the Nationals’ instructional league team in Florida and Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post reports that his performance there could determine whether he participates in the Arizona Fall League next month.
According to Kilgore “the Nationals left a spot open for Harper, but they are still weighing his readiness and the risk.” And because Harper is so young and has yet to officially make his professional debut the Nationals would need to get approval from MLB to add him to the AFL roster.
Of course, the odds of MLB denying such a request are pretty close to zero.
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 70
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)