Sep 16, 2010, 5:27 PM EDT
“It’s obviously hearsay,” said Ethier. “Especially at this point, it
doesn’t even make sense to comment on something like this.”
I’m no lawyer, but I always heard that admissions against one’s interest are the most basic exception to the hearsay rule. A guy told me, and you have to believe it when I say that he did!
Anyway, Ethier saying he’d like to play for another team — even if it isn’t the same thing as saying he wants out of L.A. — is not exactly in his best interests, P.R. wise. And if you read it even moderately closely, this sounds like less of a denial of Sean McAdam’s report from yesterday than it is an exhortation to NOT TALK ABOUT HOW BADLY ANDRE ETHIER WOULD LOVE TO PLAY IN BOSTON!
Say no more, Andre. It’s just between you and the millions of us who read about it.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)