Sep 16, 2010, 5:27 PM EST
“It’s obviously hearsay,” said Ethier. “Especially at this point, it
doesn’t even make sense to comment on something like this.”
I’m no lawyer, but I always heard that admissions against one’s interest are the most basic exception to the hearsay rule. A guy told me, and you have to believe it when I say that he did!
Anyway, Ethier saying he’d like to play for another team — even if it isn’t the same thing as saying he wants out of L.A. — is not exactly in his best interests, P.R. wise. And if you read it even moderately closely, this sounds like less of a denial of Sean McAdam’s report from yesterday than it is an exhortation to NOT TALK ABOUT HOW BADLY ANDRE ETHIER WOULD LOVE TO PLAY IN BOSTON!
Say no more, Andre. It’s just between you and the millions of us who read about it.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 32
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 377
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (377)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)