Sep 16, 2010, 5:27 PM EDT
“It’s obviously hearsay,” said Ethier. “Especially at this point, it
doesn’t even make sense to comment on something like this.”
I’m no lawyer, but I always heard that admissions against one’s interest are the most basic exception to the hearsay rule. A guy told me, and you have to believe it when I say that he did!
Anyway, Ethier saying he’d like to play for another team — even if it isn’t the same thing as saying he wants out of L.A. — is not exactly in his best interests, P.R. wise. And if you read it even moderately closely, this sounds like less of a denial of Sean McAdam’s report from yesterday than it is an exhortation to NOT TALK ABOUT HOW BADLY ANDRE ETHIER WOULD LOVE TO PLAY IN BOSTON!
Say no more, Andre. It’s just between you and the millions of us who read about it.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 11
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 36
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)