Sep 16, 2010, 5:27 PM EDT
“It’s obviously hearsay,” said Ethier. “Especially at this point, it
doesn’t even make sense to comment on something like this.”
I’m no lawyer, but I always heard that admissions against one’s interest are the most basic exception to the hearsay rule. A guy told me, and you have to believe it when I say that he did!
Anyway, Ethier saying he’d like to play for another team — even if it isn’t the same thing as saying he wants out of L.A. — is not exactly in his best interests, P.R. wise. And if you read it even moderately closely, this sounds like less of a denial of Sean McAdam’s report from yesterday than it is an exhortation to NOT TALK ABOUT HOW BADLY ANDRE ETHIER WOULD LOVE TO PLAY IN BOSTON!
Say no more, Andre. It’s just between you and the millions of us who read about it.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 6
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 42
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)