Sep 16, 2010, 10:49 AM EDT
Joe Girardi confirmed last night that Andy Pettitte will come off the disabled list and rejoin the Yankees’ rotation Sunday against the Orioles.
Pettitte has been out since mid-July with a strained groin, but allowed just two runs over 10 innings in a pair of rehab starts at Double-A. He’s expected to be on a pitch of 90 or so versus Baltimore.
Pettitte’s return means A.J. Burnett will follow him in the rotation Friday, with CC Sabathia starting Saturday and Javier Vazquez being relegated to the bullpen. Sabathia is now lined up for a weekend rematch with David Price, which should be fun after they combined for 16 scoreless innings in a 1-0 game Monday.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 41
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 58
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 79
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)