Sep 16, 2010, 10:49 AM EDT
Joe Girardi confirmed last night that Andy Pettitte will come off the disabled list and rejoin the Yankees’ rotation Sunday against the Orioles.
Pettitte has been out since mid-July with a strained groin, but allowed just two runs over 10 innings in a pair of rehab starts at Double-A. He’s expected to be on a pitch of 90 or so versus Baltimore.
Pettitte’s return means A.J. Burnett will follow him in the rotation Friday, with CC Sabathia starting Saturday and Javier Vazquez being relegated to the bullpen. Sabathia is now lined up for a weekend rematch with David Price, which should be fun after they combined for 16 scoreless innings in a 1-0 game Monday.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 43
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 43
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 141
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (143)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)