Sep 16, 2010, 10:49 AM EST
Joe Girardi confirmed last night that Andy Pettitte will come off the disabled list and rejoin the Yankees’ rotation Sunday against the Orioles.
Pettitte has been out since mid-July with a strained groin, but allowed just two runs over 10 innings in a pair of rehab starts at Double-A. He’s expected to be on a pitch of 90 or so versus Baltimore.
Pettitte’s return means A.J. Burnett will follow him in the rotation Friday, with CC Sabathia starting Saturday and Javier Vazquez being relegated to the bullpen. Sabathia is now lined up for a weekend rematch with David Price, which should be fun after they combined for 16 scoreless innings in a 1-0 game Monday.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 20
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)