Sep 16, 2010, 10:27 AM EDT
I did a radio spot on 610 WIP in Philadelphia this morning. I’m not in Philly so I don’t listen to that station, obviously, but they’re always really fun when I stop by and I enjoy chatting with them. It was particularly enjoyable today when HardballTalk was described as “a subsidiary of ProFootballTalk” which was a new one for me. But, hey, as long as Florio’s monster traffic keeps paying the bills they can call me his butler for all I care. I digress.
The last question they hit me with was “gun to your head: assuming for the sake of argument that all three were fresh and available for Game Seven of the World Series, who would you start if you were managing the Phillies: Halladay, Hamels or Oswalt?”
I think I let one ten millionth of a microsecond pass, but then I said “Roy Halladay. No doubt about it. I wouldn’t even blink.” The response from the host: “Sorry, but the answer is Cole Hamels! Thanks for playing!”
Hurm. I can’t decide if they were just messing with me or if they really think that Hamels should get the start in a critical game over an equally-rested Roy Halladay.
This has been bothering me for the past two hours, in fact. They were messing with me, right?
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 30
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 8
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 7
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 29
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 32
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 20
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)