Sep 16, 2010, 8:50 AM EDT
I had forgotten, but Jonny5 reminded me in the comments that A.J. Pierzynski acted his way on to first base back in April. I commented on it at the time. The fact that I used it to leap into a pro wrestling digression is evidence that I didn’t think Pierzynski’s act was some awful transgression against man and nature, but I called it “totally weak” and “pretty damn weak.” I called his flopping “bush league theatrics.”
Which it was. Jeter’s act was pretty damn weak too. Not so weak that it should change our assumptions about him or cause us to read more into it than it was, but it was weak. And funny. As was Pierzynski’s act.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (98)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)