Sep 16, 2010, 1:29 PM EDT
So much for my brilliant theory. Nyjer Morgan’s suspension has been reduced from fifteen to eight games.
You’ll recall that Morgan was appealing two separate suspensions: one for throwing a ball into the Citizens Bank Park stands, for which he was docked seven games, and one for the battle royale he set off against the Marlins, which cost him eight games. Baseball didn’t allocate the days to either incident, however, and made this final suspension a blanket deal. The more I hear about the Philly incident, however, the more I’m inclined to believe that it was a bit overblown and the seven games was a bit much, so it wouldn’t shock me if most of the reduction came from that sanction.
Either way, the Nats are off today so Morgan starts sitting out tomorrow. They have 16 games left. He can return on September 25th against the Braves.
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 9
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 1
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 11
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 141
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (141)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)