Sep 16, 2010, 1:29 PM EDT
So much for my brilliant theory. Nyjer Morgan’s suspension has been reduced from fifteen to eight games.
You’ll recall that Morgan was appealing two separate suspensions: one for throwing a ball into the Citizens Bank Park stands, for which he was docked seven games, and one for the battle royale he set off against the Marlins, which cost him eight games. Baseball didn’t allocate the days to either incident, however, and made this final suspension a blanket deal. The more I hear about the Philly incident, however, the more I’m inclined to believe that it was a bit overblown and the seven games was a bit much, so it wouldn’t shock me if most of the reduction came from that sanction.
Either way, the Nats are off today so Morgan starts sitting out tomorrow. They have 16 games left. He can return on September 25th against the Braves.
- Felix Hernandez pounded as Mariners lose fourth straight 0
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 3
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (111)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (87)