Sep 16, 2010, 1:29 PM EDT
So much for my brilliant theory. Nyjer Morgan’s suspension has been reduced from fifteen to eight games.
You’ll recall that Morgan was appealing two separate suspensions: one for throwing a ball into the Citizens Bank Park stands, for which he was docked seven games, and one for the battle royale he set off against the Marlins, which cost him eight games. Baseball didn’t allocate the days to either incident, however, and made this final suspension a blanket deal. The more I hear about the Philly incident, however, the more I’m inclined to believe that it was a bit overblown and the seven games was a bit much, so it wouldn’t shock me if most of the reduction came from that sanction.
Either way, the Nats are off today so Morgan starts sitting out tomorrow. They have 16 games left. He can return on September 25th against the Braves.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 18
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)