Sep 16, 2010, 1:29 PM EDT
So much for my brilliant theory. Nyjer Morgan’s suspension has been reduced from fifteen to eight games.
You’ll recall that Morgan was appealing two separate suspensions: one for throwing a ball into the Citizens Bank Park stands, for which he was docked seven games, and one for the battle royale he set off against the Marlins, which cost him eight games. Baseball didn’t allocate the days to either incident, however, and made this final suspension a blanket deal. The more I hear about the Philly incident, however, the more I’m inclined to believe that it was a bit overblown and the seven games was a bit much, so it wouldn’t shock me if most of the reduction came from that sanction.
Either way, the Nats are off today so Morgan starts sitting out tomorrow. They have 16 games left. He can return on September 25th against the Braves.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)