Sep 16, 2010, 1:29 PM EST
So much for my brilliant theory. Nyjer Morgan’s suspension has been reduced from fifteen to eight games.
You’ll recall that Morgan was appealing two separate suspensions: one for throwing a ball into the Citizens Bank Park stands, for which he was docked seven games, and one for the battle royale he set off against the Marlins, which cost him eight games. Baseball didn’t allocate the days to either incident, however, and made this final suspension a blanket deal. The more I hear about the Philly incident, however, the more I’m inclined to believe that it was a bit overblown and the seven games was a bit much, so it wouldn’t shock me if most of the reduction came from that sanction.
Either way, the Nats are off today so Morgan starts sitting out tomorrow. They have 16 games left. He can return on September 25th against the Braves.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)