Sep 16, 2010, 3:33 PM EDT
This morning I wondered whether one of the New York columnists or talk radio guys would use the phantom hit-by-pitch thing as a pretext for changing the Derek Jeter narrative from “Captain Perfect” to “Desperate, flawed tragedy” or something like that. It took most of the day for us to get there, but ESPN New York’s Wallace Matthews didn’t disappoint!
Hard to say if he really goes all the way, though. I mean, he certainly starts down that road yet somehow manages to take a left turn about two-thirds through to slam A-Rod somehow. Gotta give Matthews bonus points for those kinds of acrobatics.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12