Sep 16, 2010, 3:33 PM EDT
This morning I wondered whether one of the New York columnists or talk radio guys would use the phantom hit-by-pitch thing as a pretext for changing the Derek Jeter narrative from “Captain Perfect” to “Desperate, flawed tragedy” or something like that. It took most of the day for us to get there, but ESPN New York’s Wallace Matthews didn’t disappoint!
Hard to say if he really goes all the way, though. I mean, he certainly starts down that road yet somehow manages to take a left turn about two-thirds through to slam A-Rod somehow. Gotta give Matthews bonus points for those kinds of acrobatics.
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 5
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 61
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 17
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 7
- There’s nothing better than a Game 7? Well, maybe there is. 23
- Report: Cubs hire Joe Maddon as manager 60
- World Series, Game 7: Giants vs. Royals lineups 3
- Remembering World Series Game 7s of the past 30 years 30
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (277)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (145)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)