Sep 16, 2010, 6:10 PM EST
Prior to Monday’s game against the Rays, the Yankees will unveil a seventh permanent monument in Monument Park to honor George Steinbrenner, who passed away in July at age 80.
Steinbrenner’s memorial will join those honoring Miller Huggins, Lou Gehrig, Babe Ruth, Mickey Mantle, Joe DiMaggio and one that commemorates the events of Sept. 11, 2001.
Steinbrenner’s wife and four children are all scheduled to be in attendence at the game. His granddaughter, Haley Swindal, will sing God Bless America during the seventh-inning stretch.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (100)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)