Sep 16, 2010, 6:10 PM EDT
Prior to Monday’s game against the Rays, the Yankees will unveil a seventh permanent monument in Monument Park to honor George Steinbrenner, who passed away in July at age 80.
Steinbrenner’s memorial will join those honoring Miller Huggins, Lou Gehrig, Babe Ruth, Mickey Mantle, Joe DiMaggio and one that commemorates the events of Sept. 11, 2001.
Steinbrenner’s wife and four children are all scheduled to be in attendence at the game. His granddaughter, Haley Swindal, will sing God Bless America during the seventh-inning stretch.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 46
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 25
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)