Sep 16, 2010, 6:10 PM EST
Prior to Monday’s game against the Rays, the Yankees will unveil a seventh permanent monument in Monument Park to honor George Steinbrenner, who passed away in July at age 80.
Steinbrenner’s memorial will join those honoring Miller Huggins, Lou Gehrig, Babe Ruth, Mickey Mantle, Joe DiMaggio and one that commemorates the events of Sept. 11, 2001.
Steinbrenner’s wife and four children are all scheduled to be in attendence at the game. His granddaughter, Haley Swindal, will sing God Bless America during the seventh-inning stretch.
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 18
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 30
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 81
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)