Sep 17, 2010, 5:00 PM EDT
Bryce Harper has suited up for the instructional league and was asked if he’s ready to play:
“I am going to dive and scratch and claw. I will try to catch every ball
out there. I am going to be a Kelly Leak kind of guy. I will use my arm
to the fullest. I will try to back pick guys like I have. My game is
not going to change. I am going to give 120 percent and have a little
bit of fun.”
I assume by the “Kelly Leak kind of guy” that he means he’s going to smoke cigarettes, ride a Harley and develop a crush on the team’s ace starting pitcher.
I guess that would make things interesting in Washington, but it might throw Strasburg off his game.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17