Sep 17, 2010, 10:15 AM EDT
Erick Aybar was scratched from last night’s lineup with a “left leg strain,” but told Bill Plunkett of the Orange County Register that the Angels’ training staff fears he may have a sports hernia.
Aybar initially suffered the injury last week and has remained in the lineup since, but aggravated the injury while attempting to make a diving play defensively Wednesday and is scheduled to undergo an MRI exam today.
Aybar has taken a big step backward following a career-year last season, losing 58 points on his batting average and 137 points on his OPS after hitting .312/.353/.423 as a 25-year-old.
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 2
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 37
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 131
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 69
- Willie Mays congratulates Alex Rodriguez for reaching 660 career home runs 33
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (131)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)