Sep 17, 2010, 10:15 AM EDT
Erick Aybar was scratched from last night’s lineup with a “left leg strain,” but told Bill Plunkett of the Orange County Register that the Angels’ training staff fears he may have a sports hernia.
Aybar initially suffered the injury last week and has remained in the lineup since, but aggravated the injury while attempting to make a diving play defensively Wednesday and is scheduled to undergo an MRI exam today.
Aybar has taken a big step backward following a career-year last season, losing 58 points on his batting average and 137 points on his OPS after hitting .312/.353/.423 as a 25-year-old.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)