Sep 17, 2010, 10:15 AM EDT
Erick Aybar was scratched from last night’s lineup with a “left leg strain,” but told Bill Plunkett of the Orange County Register that the Angels’ training staff fears he may have a sports hernia.
Aybar initially suffered the injury last week and has remained in the lineup since, but aggravated the injury while attempting to make a diving play defensively Wednesday and is scheduled to undergo an MRI exam today.
Aybar has taken a big step backward following a career-year last season, losing 58 points on his batting average and 137 points on his OPS after hitting .312/.353/.423 as a 25-year-old.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 52
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11