Sep 17, 2010, 10:15 AM EDT
Erick Aybar was scratched from last night’s lineup with a “left leg strain,” but told Bill Plunkett of the Orange County Register that the Angels’ training staff fears he may have a sports hernia.
Aybar initially suffered the injury last week and has remained in the lineup since, but aggravated the injury while attempting to make a diving play defensively Wednesday and is scheduled to undergo an MRI exam today.
Aybar has taken a big step backward following a career-year last season, losing 58 points on his batting average and 137 points on his OPS after hitting .312/.353/.423 as a 25-year-old.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 49
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 66
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 51
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 65
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (67)