Sep 17, 2010, 5:19 PM EST
Following an off day yesterday Hanley Ramirez wanted to be in the Marlins’ lineup tonight despite a sore left elbow, but manager Edwin Rodriguez opted to rest him:
His elbow was sore on Wednesday, so on Wednesday he said he’d try to play and I didn’t like what I saw. He came in today and said he was ready to play but he’s pretty much in the same condition he was on Wednesday. So, I decided not to play him. He said he couldn’t check swing. It was affecting starting to swing and finishing the swing.
Ramirez has been bothered by elbow pain for the past couple weeks now, but has hit .320/.424/.500 this month while missing just one previous start. Emilio Bonifacio is starting at shortstop and leading off in his absence and Ramirez is expected to be back in the lineup tomorrow.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)