Sep 17, 2010, 5:19 PM EDT
Following an off day yesterday Hanley Ramirez wanted to be in the Marlins’ lineup tonight despite a sore left elbow, but manager Edwin Rodriguez opted to rest him:
His elbow was sore on Wednesday, so on Wednesday he said he’d try to play and I didn’t like what I saw. He came in today and said he was ready to play but he’s pretty much in the same condition he was on Wednesday. So, I decided not to play him. He said he couldn’t check swing. It was affecting starting to swing and finishing the swing.
Ramirez has been bothered by elbow pain for the past couple weeks now, but has hit .320/.424/.500 this month while missing just one previous start. Emilio Bonifacio is starting at shortstop and leading off in his absence and Ramirez is expected to be back in the lineup tomorrow.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20