Sep 17, 2010, 5:19 PM EDT
Following an off day yesterday Hanley Ramirez wanted to be in the Marlins’ lineup tonight despite a sore left elbow, but manager Edwin Rodriguez opted to rest him:
His elbow was sore on Wednesday, so on Wednesday he said he’d try to play and I didn’t like what I saw. He came in today and said he was ready to play but he’s pretty much in the same condition he was on Wednesday. So, I decided not to play him. He said he couldn’t check swing. It was affecting starting to swing and finishing the swing.
Ramirez has been bothered by elbow pain for the past couple weeks now, but has hit .320/.424/.500 this month while missing just one previous start. Emilio Bonifacio is starting at shortstop and leading off in his absence and Ramirez is expected to be back in the lineup tomorrow.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)