Sep 17, 2010, 3:31 PM EDT
Derek Jeter is clutch. Mark Teixeira should win the gold glove. Carlos Lee is the worst player in the majors. All things that almost go without saying.
Except they’re wrong, as Yahoo!’s Jeff Passan explains in this year’s version of his highly-enjoyable 25 Things You Didn’t Know About Baseball column.
Lots of pitching metrics this year, including who is the hardest thrower (consistently speaking), which teams have the most trouble with certain pitches and who is the worst fielder in all of the game.
Hey, you weren’t selected to be the Dodgers’ next manager. You have time on your hands. Check it out.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 107
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8