Sep 17, 2010, 3:31 PM EDT
Derek Jeter is clutch. Mark Teixeira should win the gold glove. Carlos Lee is the worst player in the majors. All things that almost go without saying.
Except they’re wrong, as Yahoo!’s Jeff Passan explains in this year’s version of his highly-enjoyable 25 Things You Didn’t Know About Baseball column.
Lots of pitching metrics this year, including who is the hardest thrower (consistently speaking), which teams have the most trouble with certain pitches and who is the worst fielder in all of the game.
Hey, you weren’t selected to be the Dodgers’ next manager. You have time on your hands. Check it out.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 5
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)