Sep 17, 2010, 5:57 PM EDT
Yankees rightfielder Nick Swisher — who had a cortisone shot the other day — tested his knee running today, but it was decided he can’t yet return to the lineup. Swisher could pinch hit against the Orioles tonight, but Austin Kearns will start in right.
Better safe than sorry. But really, the logic of that whole “the Yankees will concede the division and take the wild card if it means getting healthy” thing starts to fall apart if guys, you know, never get healthy.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (86)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)