Sep 17, 2010, 5:57 PM EDT
Yankees rightfielder Nick Swisher — who had a cortisone shot the other day — tested his knee running today, but it was decided he can’t yet return to the lineup. Swisher could pinch hit against the Orioles tonight, but Austin Kearns will start in right.
Better safe than sorry. But really, the logic of that whole “the Yankees will concede the division and take the wild card if it means getting healthy” thing starts to fall apart if guys, you know, never get healthy.
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 26
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 43
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)