Sep 17, 2010, 5:57 PM EDT
Yankees rightfielder Nick Swisher — who had a cortisone shot the other day — tested his knee running today, but it was decided he can’t yet return to the lineup. Swisher could pinch hit against the Orioles tonight, but Austin Kearns will start in right.
Better safe than sorry. But really, the logic of that whole “the Yankees will concede the division and take the wild card if it means getting healthy” thing starts to fall apart if guys, you know, never get healthy.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 21
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 60
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 18
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)