Sep 17, 2010, 5:57 PM EDT
Yankees rightfielder Nick Swisher — who had a cortisone shot the other day — tested his knee running today, but it was decided he can’t yet return to the lineup. Swisher could pinch hit against the Orioles tonight, but Austin Kearns will start in right.
Better safe than sorry. But really, the logic of that whole “the Yankees will concede the division and take the wild card if it means getting healthy” thing starts to fall apart if guys, you know, never get healthy.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 23
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 102
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 75
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (102)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)