Sep 17, 2010, 5:57 PM EDT
Yankees rightfielder Nick Swisher — who had a cortisone shot the other day — tested his knee running today, but it was decided he can’t yet return to the lineup. Swisher could pinch hit against the Orioles tonight, but Austin Kearns will start in right.
Better safe than sorry. But really, the logic of that whole “the Yankees will concede the division and take the wild card if it means getting healthy” thing starts to fall apart if guys, you know, never get healthy.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 7
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 8
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (109)