Sep 17, 2010, 2:48 PM EDT
His team rolled over for the Twins to end any semblance of a race in the AL Central, but that didn’t stop Ozzie Guillen from uttering his latest highly amusing soundbite.
Guillen praised the Twins for playing so well despite losing stars like Justin Morneau and Joe Nathan, and then specifically mentioned rookie Danny Valencia coming out of nowhere to hit .330 after playing in the same high school conference as Guillen’s son, Ozzie Jr.:
They go and get this kid Valencia. When you play against Ozzie Guillen Jr. in the same division in high school, you’re very horses*** because Ozzie Guillen Jr. is not going to choose any good conference to play baseball. And [Valencia] is a superstar [for the Twins].
Now, admittedly I probably find that quote a lot funnier than, say, Ozzie Guillen Jr. does, although presumably he’s used to it by now. And you know what? He’s not totally wrong about Valencia.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 49
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (70)