Sep 17, 2010, 2:48 PM EDT
His team rolled over for the Twins to end any semblance of a race in the AL Central, but that didn’t stop Ozzie Guillen from uttering his latest highly amusing soundbite.
Guillen praised the Twins for playing so well despite losing stars like Justin Morneau and Joe Nathan, and then specifically mentioned rookie Danny Valencia coming out of nowhere to hit .330 after playing in the same high school conference as Guillen’s son, Ozzie Jr.:
They go and get this kid Valencia. When you play against Ozzie Guillen Jr. in the same division in high school, you’re very horses*** because Ozzie Guillen Jr. is not going to choose any good conference to play baseball. And [Valencia] is a superstar [for the Twins].
Now, admittedly I probably find that quote a lot funnier than, say, Ozzie Guillen Jr. does, although presumably he’s used to it by now. And you know what? He’s not totally wrong about Valencia.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 3
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 13
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)