Quote of the Day: Adam Jones woke up happy

Sep 17, 2010, 11:29 AM EDT

Adam Jones probably had a better morning than you did.

Woke up this morning the best way that a man can

Orioles’ outfielder Adam Jones on Twitter a few minutes ago.

As a man who has been married for more than 15 years, I’m assuming that “the best way a man can” wake up is by being allowed to sleep until 8AM — which is late these days, pal — and by being allowed to drink a cup of coffee and read the paper without having anyone ask him to fix or clean anything up or, for God’s sake, be asked if “you’re going to spend all damn day in front of the computer again.”

On the off chance that he meant something, um, different, I have to ask: Ms. Andrea Bradley — Adam Jones’ mother: are you still out there reading the blogs for comments about your son? If so, do you approve of him making such lurid suggestions? I KNOW you raised him better than that . . .

1. Trevor B - Sep 17, 2010 at 11:51 AM

I hope he ain’t exhausted for tonight’s game.

2. Dan in Katonah - Sep 17, 2010 at 11:58 AM

Hot naked chick on the left of me. Hot naked chick on the right. Where is my Twitter?

3. sportsdrenched - Sep 17, 2010 at 12:37 PM

I would like to ramble on about why is this here? And what useless waste of space. But out of all the stories listed on PFT, CFT and HBT…I clicked on this one. So, it’s on me.
    But some pics…not of Adam Jones would be nice.

4. minnesconsin_ad - Sep 17, 2010 at 2:34 PM

when i read your tweet I was confused, thought you were referring to Adam “Pacman” Jones of NFL infamy. and i figured it must be juicy gossip for a baseball blogger to write about a member of the Bengals!

5. Utley's hair - Sep 17, 2010 at 2:44 PM

Craig, I don’t understand what you are insinuating here about how waking up “the best way a man can” can be construed as “lurid suggestions,” but, then again, I’m married.

Why is Wren out and Gonzalez is not?
  1. R. Castillo (2645)