Sep 18, 2010, 4:31 PM EDT
According to Chad Jennings of the Journal News, Nick Swisher is back in the starting lineup as the designated hitter for tonight’s game against the Orioles.
Swisher has made two appearances as a pinch-hitter this week, including last night, however he hasn’t started a game since last Saturday due to recurring soreness in his left knee. He received a cortisone shot in the knee on Tuesday and an MRI revealed only inflammation.
Yankees manager Joe Girardi said Friday that Swisher still wasn’t 100 percent running the bases, so it makes plenty of sense to ease him back into the lineup as the DH until he is ready to play the outfield again.
Swisher, 29, is batting .287/.360/.514 with 26 homers, 82 RBI and an 874 OPS this season.
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 9
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)