Sep 18, 2010, 4:31 PM EDT
According to Chad Jennings of the Journal News, Nick Swisher is back in the starting lineup as the designated hitter for tonight’s game against the Orioles.
Swisher has made two appearances as a pinch-hitter this week, including last night, however he hasn’t started a game since last Saturday due to recurring soreness in his left knee. He received a cortisone shot in the knee on Tuesday and an MRI revealed only inflammation.
Yankees manager Joe Girardi said Friday that Swisher still wasn’t 100 percent running the bases, so it makes plenty of sense to ease him back into the lineup as the DH until he is ready to play the outfield again.
Swisher, 29, is batting .287/.360/.514 with 26 homers, 82 RBI and an 874 OPS this season.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 101
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (101)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)