Sep 18, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT
First, the important stuff. The Yankees climbed back into first place in the American League East with a 4-3 win over the Orioles last night.
Alex Rodriguez played the hero, slamming two home runs, including a
go-ahead three-run shot off O’s closer Koji Uehara with two outs in the top of the
Last night’s starter A.J. Burnett gave up three
runs — including a pair of solo homers — over seven innings as part of
a no-decision. It was one of his better starts in a while, but all
everybody could talk about after the game was the noticeable shiner he
was sporting. All he would say about it, according to Peter Botte of the
New York Daily News, is that it was not baseball-related.
Just in case the image to the right doesn’t suffice, check out this screenshot,
courtesy of Mike Axisa of the excellent River Ave. Blues. How’d it
happen? Well, my guess is that he tripped over his tremendous piles of money.
Dude’s a klutz. A rich klutz, though.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 114
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 64
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (127)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)