Sep 18, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT
First, the important stuff. The Yankees climbed back into first place in the American League East with a 4-3 win over the Orioles last night.
Alex Rodriguez played the hero, slamming two home runs, including a
go-ahead three-run shot off O’s closer Koji Uehara with two outs in the top of the
Last night’s starter A.J. Burnett gave up three
runs — including a pair of solo homers — over seven innings as part of
a no-decision. It was one of his better starts in a while, but all
everybody could talk about after the game was the noticeable shiner he
was sporting. All he would say about it, according to Peter Botte of the
New York Daily News, is that it was not baseball-related.
Just in case the image to the right doesn’t suffice, check out this screenshot,
courtesy of Mike Axisa of the excellent River Ave. Blues. How’d it
happen? Well, my guess is that he tripped over his tremendous piles of money.
Dude’s a klutz. A rich klutz, though.
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 38
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 35
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 46
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 58
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)