Sep 18, 2010, 6:16 PM EDT
I’m stuck watching the Braves-Mets game, so I will have to trust what I have seen from replays and enthusiastic tweets, but Troy Tulowitzki is 3-for-4 with a double and a pair of two-run homers in this afternoon’s game against the Dodgers.
Tulowitzki has now gone deep 14 times in his last 15 games. According to our friends at Elias, the only other players to do that are Barry Bonds (2001) and Albert Belle (1995). Insane.
Along with the historic power surge, Tulo now has 33 RBI this month. For comparison’s sake, including the first six innings of this afternoon’s game, Dodgers hitters have combined to drive in just 33 runs as a team for the month of September thus far. It’s at times like this that we have no choice but to kneel before Zod.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)