Sep 18, 2010, 6:16 PM EDT
I’m stuck watching the Braves-Mets game, so I will have to trust what I have seen from replays and enthusiastic tweets, but Troy Tulowitzki is 3-for-4 with a double and a pair of two-run homers in this afternoon’s game against the Dodgers.
Tulowitzki has now gone deep 14 times in his last 15 games. According to our friends at Elias, the only other players to do that are Barry Bonds (2001) and Albert Belle (1995). Insane.
Along with the historic power surge, Tulo now has 33 RBI this month. For comparison’s sake, including the first six innings of this afternoon’s game, Dodgers hitters have combined to drive in just 33 runs as a team for the month of September thus far. It’s at times like this that we have no choice but to kneel before Zod.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 221
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (221)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)