Sep 18, 2010, 6:16 PM EST
I’m stuck watching the Braves-Mets game, so I will have to trust what I have seen from replays and enthusiastic tweets, but Troy Tulowitzki is 3-for-4 with a double and a pair of two-run homers in this afternoon’s game against the Dodgers.
Tulowitzki has now gone deep 14 times in his last 15 games. According to our friends at Elias, the only other players to do that are Barry Bonds (2001) and Albert Belle (1995). Insane.
Along with the historic power surge, Tulo now has 33 RBI this month. For comparison’s sake, including the first six innings of this afternoon’s game, Dodgers hitters have combined to drive in just 33 runs as a team for the month of September thus far. It’s at times like this that we have no choice but to kneel before Zod.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 41
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 35
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (166)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)