Sep 18, 2010, 6:16 PM EDT
I’m stuck watching the Braves-Mets game, so I will have to trust what I have seen from replays and enthusiastic tweets, but Troy Tulowitzki is 3-for-4 with a double and a pair of two-run homers in this afternoon’s game against the Dodgers.
Tulowitzki has now gone deep 14 times in his last 15 games. According to our friends at Elias, the only other players to do that are Barry Bonds (2001) and Albert Belle (1995). Insane.
Along with the historic power surge, Tulo now has 33 RBI this month. For comparison’s sake, including the first six innings of this afternoon’s game, Dodgers hitters have combined to drive in just 33 runs as a team for the month of September thus far. It’s at times like this that we have no choice but to kneel before Zod.
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 15
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 33
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 15
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 83
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Video: Steven Souza Jr. makes sensational catch to secure Jordan Zimmermann’s no-no 24
- David Price dominates Twins as Tigers win AL Central 30
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)
- Bud Selig says A-Rod will “have a clean slate” once his suspension is over (78)