Sep 18, 2010, 6:16 PM EDT
I’m stuck watching the Braves-Mets game, so I will have to trust what I have seen from replays and enthusiastic tweets, but Troy Tulowitzki is 3-for-4 with a double and a pair of two-run homers in this afternoon’s game against the Dodgers.
Tulowitzki has now gone deep 14 times in his last 15 games. According to our friends at Elias, the only other players to do that are Barry Bonds (2001) and Albert Belle (1995). Insane.
Along with the historic power surge, Tulo now has 33 RBI this month. For comparison’s sake, including the first six innings of this afternoon’s game, Dodgers hitters have combined to drive in just 33 runs as a team for the month of September thus far. It’s at times like this that we have no choice but to kneel before Zod.
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 12
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 58
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)