Sep 19, 2010, 1:45 PM EST
A’s outfielder Coco Crisp missed a month earlier this season due to a fracture in his left pinkie finger. And now he’s dealing with that same injury again.
According to Jane Lee of MLB.com, Crisp has been diagnosed with a re-fracture in his pinkie and will visit a hand specialist Sunday to determine whether or not he can finish out the year. Given the amount of time he missed due to the initial break, our guess is he will be shut down.
Crisp, 30, has posted an impressive .315/.393/.463 batting line, two homers, nine RBI and 10 stolen bases in 54 at-bats this month and has 19 stolen bases since the beginning of August.
The A’s haven’t made any decisions yet on his $5.75 million club option for 2011. Mychael Urban of CSN Bay Area guessed in late August that it will be exercised.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 70
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (98)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)