Sep 20, 2010, 9:39 AM EDT
Braves-Phillies preview at MLB.com (paraphrased): Jair Jurrjens looks to set the tone by taking the start tonight in Philly!
Braves minor league starter Brandon Beachy to his hometown paper, the Kokomo Tribune (paraphrased): I’m with the Braves in Philadelphia, Jair Jurrjens knee is injured, and if he can’t go, I’m going to get the start!
Braves GM Frank Wren to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution this morning (paraphrased): Jurrjens is fine. Beachy will not pitch.
If I wanted to paraphrase Wren a bit more liberally, I could have gone with “Thanks to him flapping his gums to the Hooterville Chronicle and (a) letting everyone know that our starter is gimpy; and (b) giving the Phillies 12 hours to dig up scouting reports on the emergency starter whom, really, only had the element of surprise in his favor, Brandon Beachy will never pitch for the Atlanta Braves as long as I’m alive.”
But maybe I’m just reading too much into it.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 0
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 28
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 19
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)