Sep 20, 2010, 5:30 PM EST
Reader Gobias Industries is not impressed with Scott Boras’ claim about how special Jayson Werth is:
It’s amazing (albeit a bit mathematically impossible) how many
once-in-a-generation talents Boras has represented this generation.
I take a bit of an objection here. Boras is way too sharp to call all of his big free agents “once-in-a-generation” players. Some are “special talents.” Others are “rare talents.” Others are “singular talents” . . .
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 91
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 27
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 257
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)