Sep 20, 2010, 3:19 PM EST
There’s an interesting article by James Barron in the New York Times about whether or not an apartment is more likely to sell for $20 million because it was owned and lived in by Derek Jeter.
Barron also talked to Tucker Anderson, who owns the apartment Joe DiMaggio lived in during his 56-game hitting streak in 1941. Back when he was first looking at the place 15 years ago Anderson only learned that DiMaggio lived there by chance, because the previous owner didn’t even think it warranted mentioning.
Fast forward 15 years and now Jeter has put his 5,500-square foot place at Trump World Tower on the market for $20 million. Barron speculates that Jeter having lived there won’t help it sell, because places owned by fellow New York stars Mark Messier and Keith Hernandez remained on the market for a long time and ultimately were sold for significantly below the initial asking price.
I plan to one day market my place in Minnesota as “owned by a guy who once worked with Craig Calcaterra,” so the New York Times article is of great interest to me.
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 6
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 51
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 41
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 117
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)