Sep 20, 2010, 6:26 PM EST
According to AOL Fanhouse’s Ed Price, the Diamondbacks have ruled out Dodgers assistant GM Logan White in their hunt for a new general manager, leaving former Padres GM Kevin Towers and current interim GM Jerry DiPoto as the candidates for the job.
White is very well regarded in large part for his work heading the Dodgers’ drafts over the last several years. Among the players he’s selected are Clayton Kershaw, Matt Kemp, Chad Billingsley and Jonathan Broxton.
The Diamondbacks also interviewed Dodgers head of player development De Jon Watson last week, but he was viewed as a long shot going in.
Towers is currently employed by the Yankees after losing his job in San Diego last year. He’d command a far higher salary than DiPoto, so it could well come down to finances if he doesn’t get the nod in Arizona.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 15
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 36
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 43
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)