Sep 20, 2010, 6:26 PM EST
According to AOL Fanhouse’s Ed Price, the Diamondbacks have ruled out Dodgers assistant GM Logan White in their hunt for a new general manager, leaving former Padres GM Kevin Towers and current interim GM Jerry DiPoto as the candidates for the job.
White is very well regarded in large part for his work heading the Dodgers’ drafts over the last several years. Among the players he’s selected are Clayton Kershaw, Matt Kemp, Chad Billingsley and Jonathan Broxton.
The Diamondbacks also interviewed Dodgers head of player development De Jon Watson last week, but he was viewed as a long shot going in.
Towers is currently employed by the Yankees after losing his job in San Diego last year. He’d command a far higher salary than DiPoto, so it could well come down to finances if he doesn’t get the nod in Arizona.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)