Sep 20, 2010, 6:26 PM EDT
According to AOL Fanhouse’s Ed Price, the Diamondbacks have ruled out Dodgers assistant GM Logan White in their hunt for a new general manager, leaving former Padres GM Kevin Towers and current interim GM Jerry DiPoto as the candidates for the job.
White is very well regarded in large part for his work heading the Dodgers’ drafts over the last several years. Among the players he’s selected are Clayton Kershaw, Matt Kemp, Chad Billingsley and Jonathan Broxton.
The Diamondbacks also interviewed Dodgers head of player development De Jon Watson last week, but he was viewed as a long shot going in.
Towers is currently employed by the Yankees after losing his job in San Diego last year. He’d command a far higher salary than DiPoto, so it could well come down to finances if he doesn’t get the nod in Arizona.
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 66
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 58
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 65
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (87)