Sep 20, 2010, 6:26 PM EST
According to AOL Fanhouse’s Ed Price, the Diamondbacks have ruled out Dodgers assistant GM Logan White in their hunt for a new general manager, leaving former Padres GM Kevin Towers and current interim GM Jerry DiPoto as the candidates for the job.
White is very well regarded in large part for his work heading the Dodgers’ drafts over the last several years. Among the players he’s selected are Clayton Kershaw, Matt Kemp, Chad Billingsley and Jonathan Broxton.
The Diamondbacks also interviewed Dodgers head of player development De Jon Watson last week, but he was viewed as a long shot going in.
Towers is currently employed by the Yankees after losing his job in San Diego last year. He’d command a far higher salary than DiPoto, so it could well come down to finances if he doesn’t get the nod in Arizona.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 287
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (287)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)