Sep 20, 2010, 6:26 PM EDT
According to AOL Fanhouse’s Ed Price, the Diamondbacks have ruled out Dodgers assistant GM Logan White in their hunt for a new general manager, leaving former Padres GM Kevin Towers and current interim GM Jerry DiPoto as the candidates for the job.
White is very well regarded in large part for his work heading the Dodgers’ drafts over the last several years. Among the players he’s selected are Clayton Kershaw, Matt Kemp, Chad Billingsley and Jonathan Broxton.
The Diamondbacks also interviewed Dodgers head of player development De Jon Watson last week, but he was viewed as a long shot going in.
Towers is currently employed by the Yankees after losing his job in San Diego last year. He’d command a far higher salary than DiPoto, so it could well come down to finances if he doesn’t get the nod in Arizona.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)