Sep 20, 2010, 4:32 PM EST
In 2010 the Astros AAA club was located in Round Rock and the Rangers club was located in Oklahoma City. Last week the Rangers announced they’re taking over Round Rock and, a few minutes ago, the Astros announced they’re getting Oklahoma City. They’ve basically traded.
I’ve never been to Oklahoma City, but Round Rock is reasonably close to Austin, and Austin is cool, so I would guess that the place is more desirable. As such, to even out the trade I’m guessing the Rangers had to throw in a west/south-central city to be named later.
My guess is that it will be Liberal, Kansas. Or maybe Shreveport.
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 3
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)