Sep 20, 2010, 4:32 PM EDT
In 2010 the Astros AAA club was located in Round Rock and the Rangers club was located in Oklahoma City. Last week the Rangers announced they’re taking over Round Rock and, a few minutes ago, the Astros announced they’re getting Oklahoma City. They’ve basically traded.
I’ve never been to Oklahoma City, but Round Rock is reasonably close to Austin, and Austin is cool, so I would guess that the place is more desirable. As such, to even out the trade I’m guessing the Rangers had to throw in a west/south-central city to be named later.
My guess is that it will be Liberal, Kansas. Or maybe Shreveport.
- The Cubs to announce the hiring of Joe Maddon on Monday 37
- Cubs fire manager Rick Renteria, clear way for Joe Maddon 68
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 24
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 119
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 31
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 108
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 19
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 83
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (282)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game (119)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)