Sep 20, 2010, 4:32 PM EDT
In 2010 the Astros AAA club was located in Round Rock and the Rangers club was located in Oklahoma City. Last week the Rangers announced they’re taking over Round Rock and, a few minutes ago, the Astros announced they’re getting Oklahoma City. They’ve basically traded.
I’ve never been to Oklahoma City, but Round Rock is reasonably close to Austin, and Austin is cool, so I would guess that the place is more desirable. As such, to even out the trade I’m guessing the Rangers had to throw in a west/south-central city to be named later.
My guess is that it will be Liberal, Kansas. Or maybe Shreveport.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 0
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 17
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 19
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 30
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (94)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)