Sep 20, 2010, 4:32 PM EDT
In 2010 the Astros AAA club was located in Round Rock and the Rangers club was located in Oklahoma City. Last week the Rangers announced they’re taking over Round Rock and, a few minutes ago, the Astros announced they’re getting Oklahoma City. They’ve basically traded.
I’ve never been to Oklahoma City, but Round Rock is reasonably close to Austin, and Austin is cool, so I would guess that the place is more desirable. As such, to even out the trade I’m guessing the Rangers had to throw in a west/south-central city to be named later.
My guess is that it will be Liberal, Kansas. Or maybe Shreveport.
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 7
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 27
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 24
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 43
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 64
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 76
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 94
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)