Sep 20, 2010, 4:32 PM EDT
In 2010 the Astros AAA club was located in Round Rock and the Rangers club was located in Oklahoma City. Last week the Rangers announced they’re taking over Round Rock and, a few minutes ago, the Astros announced they’re getting Oklahoma City. They’ve basically traded.
I’ve never been to Oklahoma City, but Round Rock is reasonably close to Austin, and Austin is cool, so I would guess that the place is more desirable. As such, to even out the trade I’m guessing the Rangers had to throw in a west/south-central city to be named later.
My guess is that it will be Liberal, Kansas. Or maybe Shreveport.
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 5
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 58
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 46
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (248)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)