Sep 20, 2010, 4:32 PM EST
In 2010 the Astros AAA club was located in Round Rock and the Rangers club was located in Oklahoma City. Last week the Rangers announced they’re taking over Round Rock and, a few minutes ago, the Astros announced they’re getting Oklahoma City. They’ve basically traded.
I’ve never been to Oklahoma City, but Round Rock is reasonably close to Austin, and Austin is cool, so I would guess that the place is more desirable. As such, to even out the trade I’m guessing the Rangers had to throw in a west/south-central city to be named later.
My guess is that it will be Liberal, Kansas. Or maybe Shreveport.
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 138
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 39
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 15
- Rockies trade Dexter Fowler to Astros for Jordan Lyles 23