Sep 20, 2010, 2:33 PM EDT
Jamie McCourt’s driver hit a pedestrian before the trial even got going today, so there’s that. He’s supposedly OK and didn’t need medical treatment. Jamie will probably give him a house or a job with the Dodgers or something to sign a lawsuit waiver.
In the trial itself, this morning, Jamie McCourt took the stand and testified that she and Frank discussed selling the team multiple times over the years, with the upshot being that if it didn’t make money, they’d unload it. Contrast this with Frank McCourt’s statements that he’s never considered selling the team and wants his sons to own it one day.
Of course, given the way they’ve used debt to finance the team and their entire lifestyle, I’m not sure the McCourts could recognize whether the team is losing money anyway. “Look, dear! Another check from the bank! We must be making money!”
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)