Sep 20, 2010, 2:33 PM EDT
Jamie McCourt’s driver hit a pedestrian before the trial even got going today, so there’s that. He’s supposedly OK and didn’t need medical treatment. Jamie will probably give him a house or a job with the Dodgers or something to sign a lawsuit waiver.
In the trial itself, this morning, Jamie McCourt took the stand and testified that she and Frank discussed selling the team multiple times over the years, with the upshot being that if it didn’t make money, they’d unload it. Contrast this with Frank McCourt’s statements that he’s never considered selling the team and wants his sons to own it one day.
Of course, given the way they’ve used debt to finance the team and their entire lifestyle, I’m not sure the McCourts could recognize whether the team is losing money anyway. “Look, dear! Another check from the bank! We must be making money!”
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11