Sep 20, 2010, 2:33 PM EDT
Jamie McCourt’s driver hit a pedestrian before the trial even got going today, so there’s that. He’s supposedly OK and didn’t need medical treatment. Jamie will probably give him a house or a job with the Dodgers or something to sign a lawsuit waiver.
In the trial itself, this morning, Jamie McCourt took the stand and testified that she and Frank discussed selling the team multiple times over the years, with the upshot being that if it didn’t make money, they’d unload it. Contrast this with Frank McCourt’s statements that he’s never considered selling the team and wants his sons to own it one day.
Of course, given the way they’ve used debt to finance the team and their entire lifestyle, I’m not sure the McCourts could recognize whether the team is losing money anyway. “Look, dear! Another check from the bank! We must be making money!”
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final