Sep 20, 2010, 12:46 PM EDT
I want to thank Cubs fans for their support all season, especially right now, and let everyone know that I’m doing OK. I also want to thank everyone who has helped take care of me here in Miami–the Cubs and Marlins training and medical staffs, the EMTs at the ballpark, and everyone here at the hospital.
You never want to have a season end early, and I’m disappointed that I’m not going to be able to make it through the finish line with the rest of my teammates. That being said, I couldn’t be more thankful for the Cubs organization, my teammates and the opportunity to play for Cubs fans my rookie season. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Colvin needed a chest tube to prevent a collapsed lung and is expected to spend several more days in the hospital, but luckily seems to have avoided a very serious injury by a matter of inches. He finishes his rookie season hitting .254/.316/.500 with 20 homers in 394 plate appearances.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)