Sep 20, 2010, 12:46 PM EDT
I want to thank Cubs fans for their support all season, especially right now, and let everyone know that I’m doing OK. I also want to thank everyone who has helped take care of me here in Miami–the Cubs and Marlins training and medical staffs, the EMTs at the ballpark, and everyone here at the hospital.
You never want to have a season end early, and I’m disappointed that I’m not going to be able to make it through the finish line with the rest of my teammates. That being said, I couldn’t be more thankful for the Cubs organization, my teammates and the opportunity to play for Cubs fans my rookie season. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Colvin needed a chest tube to prevent a collapsed lung and is expected to spend several more days in the hospital, but luckily seems to have avoided a very serious injury by a matter of inches. He finishes his rookie season hitting .254/.316/.500 with 20 homers in 394 plate appearances.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)