Sep 20, 2010, 12:46 PM EST
I want to thank Cubs fans for their support all season, especially right now, and let everyone know that I’m doing OK. I also want to thank everyone who has helped take care of me here in Miami–the Cubs and Marlins training and medical staffs, the EMTs at the ballpark, and everyone here at the hospital.
You never want to have a season end early, and I’m disappointed that I’m not going to be able to make it through the finish line with the rest of my teammates. That being said, I couldn’t be more thankful for the Cubs organization, my teammates and the opportunity to play for Cubs fans my rookie season. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Colvin needed a chest tube to prevent a collapsed lung and is expected to spend several more days in the hospital, but luckily seems to have avoided a very serious injury by a matter of inches. He finishes his rookie season hitting .254/.316/.500 with 20 homers in 394 plate appearances.
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 7
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 3
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 23
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 33
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 87
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)