Sep 21, 2010, 9:45 AM EDT
And even worse than that for the A’s closer, he’s off to Alabama:
Bailey, the A’s two-time All-Star closer, has been shut down for several days with elbow soreness and will see Dr. James Andrews in Alabama this week. Bailey believes the issue is the same one he had in the spring: tennis elbow.
The Athletics never should have hired Ivan Lendl to be their pitching coach.*
It’s been a frustrating season for Bailey who, in addition to the tennis elbow, has had knee wonkiness (note: not an actual medical term), back spasms and a strained intercostal muscle. He’s a beriberi attack and a spell of the ricketts from hitting the WTF injury Yahtzee.
*Yes, I used this same joke back in March. No one laughed, dammit, so I figured I’d try again.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)