Sep 21, 2010, 9:45 AM EDT
And even worse than that for the A’s closer, he’s off to Alabama:
Bailey, the A’s two-time All-Star closer, has been shut down for several days with elbow soreness and will see Dr. James Andrews in Alabama this week. Bailey believes the issue is the same one he had in the spring: tennis elbow.
The Athletics never should have hired Ivan Lendl to be their pitching coach.*
It’s been a frustrating season for Bailey who, in addition to the tennis elbow, has had knee wonkiness (note: not an actual medical term), back spasms and a strained intercostal muscle. He’s a beriberi attack and a spell of the ricketts from hitting the WTF injury Yahtzee.
*Yes, I used this same joke back in March. No one laughed, dammit, so I figured I’d try again.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 54
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 5
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 65
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (89)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)