Sep 21, 2010, 9:45 AM EDT
And even worse than that for the A’s closer, he’s off to Alabama:
Bailey, the A’s two-time All-Star closer, has been shut down for several days with elbow soreness and will see Dr. James Andrews in Alabama this week. Bailey believes the issue is the same one he had in the spring: tennis elbow.
The Athletics never should have hired Ivan Lendl to be their pitching coach.*
It’s been a frustrating season for Bailey who, in addition to the tennis elbow, has had knee wonkiness (note: not an actual medical term), back spasms and a strained intercostal muscle. He’s a beriberi attack and a spell of the ricketts from hitting the WTF injury Yahtzee.
*Yes, I used this same joke back in March. No one laughed, dammit, so I figured I’d try again.
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 21
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 18
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 11
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)