Sep 21, 2010, 9:45 AM EDT
And even worse than that for the A’s closer, he’s off to Alabama:
Bailey, the A’s two-time All-Star closer, has been shut down for several days with elbow soreness and will see Dr. James Andrews in Alabama this week. Bailey believes the issue is the same one he had in the spring: tennis elbow.
The Athletics never should have hired Ivan Lendl to be their pitching coach.*
It’s been a frustrating season for Bailey who, in addition to the tennis elbow, has had knee wonkiness (note: not an actual medical term), back spasms and a strained intercostal muscle. He’s a beriberi attack and a spell of the ricketts from hitting the WTF injury Yahtzee.
*Yes, I used this same joke back in March. No one laughed, dammit, so I figured I’d try again.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 38
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (103)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)