Sep 21, 2010, 9:45 AM EDT
And even worse than that for the A’s closer, he’s off to Alabama:
Bailey, the A’s two-time All-Star closer, has been shut down for several days with elbow soreness and will see Dr. James Andrews in Alabama this week. Bailey believes the issue is the same one he had in the spring: tennis elbow.
The Athletics never should have hired Ivan Lendl to be their pitching coach.*
It’s been a frustrating season for Bailey who, in addition to the tennis elbow, has had knee wonkiness (note: not an actual medical term), back spasms and a strained intercostal muscle. He’s a beriberi attack and a spell of the ricketts from hitting the WTF injury Yahtzee.
*Yes, I used this same joke back in March. No one laughed, dammit, so I figured I’d try again.
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 2
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 95
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 230
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (230)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)