Sep 21, 2010, 8:49 AM EDT
But one guy definitely deserves more props, and that’s Curtis Granderson. He hit two homers,
walked twice, drove in five and stole a base. Granderson has four homers and 11 RBI in his last five games, and has a seven-game hitting streak.
On the season — one which many have thought to be disappointing — Granderson is at .249/.326/.464. In 2009 he hit a damn nigh identical .249/.327/.453. So, while some projected him to go crazy with that short rightfield porch in Yankee Stadium, Granderson basically is who we thought he was.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 34
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 16
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 61
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29