Sep 21, 2010, 8:49 AM EDT
But one guy definitely deserves more props, and that’s Curtis Granderson. He hit two homers,
walked twice, drove in five and stole a base. Granderson has four homers and 11 RBI in his last five games, and has a seven-game hitting streak.
On the season — one which many have thought to be disappointing — Granderson is at .249/.326/.464. In 2009 he hit a damn nigh identical .249/.327/.453. So, while some projected him to go crazy with that short rightfield porch in Yankee Stadium, Granderson basically is who we thought he was.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)