Sep 21, 2010, 3:06 AM EDT
There was more than just baseball fun in the Philadelphia Phillies’ victory over the Atlanta Braves Monday night.
We also saw the debut of “red man,” a red-suited fan who ran onto the field, only to have his show end abruptly by a well-timed hip check/trip from Braves outfielder Matt Diaz.
As Diaz said, he was doing the guy a favor.
“I saw this idiot coming right at me,” Diaz said. “I figured he’d be better off getting tripped than Tased.”
Luckily for us, a fan was kind enough to post video of the incident.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 24
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 33
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)