Sep 21, 2010, 3:06 AM EDT
There was more than just baseball fun in the Philadelphia Phillies’ victory over the Atlanta Braves Monday night.
We also saw the debut of “red man,” a red-suited fan who ran onto the field, only to have his show end abruptly by a well-timed hip check/trip from Braves outfielder Matt Diaz.
As Diaz said, he was doing the guy a favor.
“I saw this idiot coming right at me,” Diaz said. “I figured he’d be better off getting tripped than Tased.”
Luckily for us, a fan was kind enough to post video of the incident.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (126)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (98)