Sep 21, 2010, 3:06 AM EDT
There was more than just baseball fun in the Philadelphia Phillies’ victory over the Atlanta Braves Monday night.
We also saw the debut of “red man,” a red-suited fan who ran onto the field, only to have his show end abruptly by a well-timed hip check/trip from Braves outfielder Matt Diaz.
As Diaz said, he was doing the guy a favor.
“I saw this idiot coming right at me,” Diaz said. “I figured he’d be better off getting tripped than Tased.”
Luckily for us, a fan was kind enough to post video of the incident.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 17
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 30
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 27
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)