Sep 21, 2010, 3:06 AM EDT
There was more than just baseball fun in the Philadelphia Phillies’ victory over the Atlanta Braves Monday night.
We also saw the debut of “red man,” a red-suited fan who ran onto the field, only to have his show end abruptly by a well-timed hip check/trip from Braves outfielder Matt Diaz.
As Diaz said, he was doing the guy a favor.
“I saw this idiot coming right at me,” Diaz said. “I figured he’d be better off getting tripped than Tased.”
Luckily for us, a fan was kind enough to post video of the incident.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with apparent side injury 1
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 2
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 3
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 4
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 7
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 30
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)