Sep 21, 2010, 3:06 AM EST
There was more than just baseball fun in the Philadelphia Phillies’ victory over the Atlanta Braves Monday night.
We also saw the debut of “red man,” a red-suited fan who ran onto the field, only to have his show end abruptly by a well-timed hip check/trip from Braves outfielder Matt Diaz.
As Diaz said, he was doing the guy a favor.
“I saw this idiot coming right at me,” Diaz said. “I figured he’d be better off getting tripped than Tased.”
Luckily for us, a fan was kind enough to post video of the incident.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 5
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 53
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 58
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 55
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)