Sep 21, 2010, 7:00 PM EDT
The New York Post is reporting that Francisco Rodriguez has decided to surrender two weeks early for arraignment on charges of violating an order of protection.
Rodriguez was supposed to court Oct. 7, but will instead be arrested and charged with contempt of court on Wednesday.
K-Rod sent his former girlfriend and mother of his child 56 text messages in violation of the protection order. Prosecutors asked that he be sent to jail last week after he revealed the content of some of those mssages, but a judge declined the request.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 63
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)