Sep 21, 2010, 7:00 PM EST
The New York Post is reporting that Francisco Rodriguez has decided to surrender two weeks early for arraignment on charges of violating an order of protection.
Rodriguez was supposed to court Oct. 7, but will instead be arrested and charged with contempt of court on Wednesday.
K-Rod sent his former girlfriend and mother of his child 56 text messages in violation of the protection order. Prosecutors asked that he be sent to jail last week after he revealed the content of some of those mssages, but a judge declined the request.
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 62
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 93
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 17
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 28
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 35
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 89
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (106)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)