Sep 21, 2010, 7:00 PM EST
The New York Post is reporting that Francisco Rodriguez has decided to surrender two weeks early for arraignment on charges of violating an order of protection.
Rodriguez was supposed to court Oct. 7, but will instead be arrested and charged with contempt of court on Wednesday.
K-Rod sent his former girlfriend and mother of his child 56 text messages in violation of the protection order. Prosecutors asked that he be sent to jail last week after he revealed the content of some of those mssages, but a judge declined the request.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (81)