Sep 21, 2010, 7:00 PM EST
The New York Post is reporting that Francisco Rodriguez has decided to surrender two weeks early for arraignment on charges of violating an order of protection.
Rodriguez was supposed to court Oct. 7, but will instead be arrested and charged with contempt of court on Wednesday.
K-Rod sent his former girlfriend and mother of his child 56 text messages in violation of the protection order. Prosecutors asked that he be sent to jail last week after he revealed the content of some of those mssages, but a judge declined the request.
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 0
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 60
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 42
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (137)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)