Sep 21, 2010, 7:00 PM EDT
The New York Post is reporting that Francisco Rodriguez has decided to surrender two weeks early for arraignment on charges of violating an order of protection.
Rodriguez was supposed to court Oct. 7, but will instead be arrested and charged with contempt of court on Wednesday.
K-Rod sent his former girlfriend and mother of his child 56 text messages in violation of the protection order. Prosecutors asked that he be sent to jail last week after he revealed the content of some of those mssages, but a judge declined the request.
- Reds hope to get Joey Votto back for the “stretch run” 4
- Jean Segura leaves Brewers following the death of his nine-month-old son 45
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 29
- Rangers catcher Geovany Soto arrested for marijuana possession 62
- Babe Ruth made his major league debut 100 years ago today 50
- Rockies owner: “maybe Denver doesn’t deserve a franchise . . . maybe time for it to find a new home” 80
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 33
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 114
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (191)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (114)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)