Sep 21, 2010, 9:19 AM EDT
Gavin Floyd pitched really well until his last couple of starts, with those missteps being the result of some shoulder tightness. Now that the Sox are all but officially eliminated his season is over. Well, there’s a slight chance that he could pitch again. Ozzie Guillen says that he can go on Sunday if he’s “200 percent.”
Some people might read that and think that Ozzie is falling prey to silly sports cliches. Others may read that and think that Ozzie is dryly noting the mathematical impossibility of one being better than 100 percent, and is really saying that Floyd’s season is absolutely over.
Me? I read that and I think that Bryce “Mr. 120 percent” Harper simply isn’t trying hard enough.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)