Sep 21, 2010, 9:19 AM EST
Gavin Floyd pitched really well until his last couple of starts, with those missteps being the result of some shoulder tightness. Now that the Sox are all but officially eliminated his season is over. Well, there’s a slight chance that he could pitch again. Ozzie Guillen says that he can go on Sunday if he’s “200 percent.”
Some people might read that and think that Ozzie is falling prey to silly sports cliches. Others may read that and think that Ozzie is dryly noting the mathematical impossibility of one being better than 100 percent, and is really saying that Floyd’s season is absolutely over.
Me? I read that and I think that Bryce “Mr. 120 percent” Harper simply isn’t trying hard enough.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)