Sep 21, 2010, 6:40 PM EST
Manager Ron Gardenhire said Tuesday that Joe Mauer could be out another four or five days after an MRI showed inflammation in his ailing left knee.
Gardenhire expects that Mauer will receive a cortisone shot for the knee, potentially sidelining him until the weekend. No serious problems were detected, but with the Twins in position to clinch the AL Central title as soon as tonight, there’s no reason for the team to rush back its MVP catcher.
Mauer left Sunday’s game with knee soreness and didn’t play Monday. Jose Morales started yesterday. Drew Butera will catch and bat ninth tonight.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (96)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)