Sep 21, 2010, 6:02 PM EST
National League MVP candidate Joey Votto was scratched from Tuesday’s lineup due to a sinus infection, John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer reports.
Chris Heisey replaced him in the lineup, with Jim Edmonds moving to first base.
Votto hit his 35th homer as part of the Reds’ 5-2 win over the Brewers on Monday. He’s currently riding a 10-game hitting streak, and his 1.020 OPS ranks first in the National League.
We’re sure Dave Bush is breathing a sigh of relief at the news. Votto has a homer, two doubles and two walks in nine career at-bats against Milwaukee’s starting pitcher tonight.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 98
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 38
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 5
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 4
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 366
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (365)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (98)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (82)