Sep 21, 2010, 4:30 PM EST
Indians manager Manny Acta is not pleased that his pitchers can’t get out of an inning:
“We’ve stressed finishing innings a lot to these kids,” said manager
Manny Acta. “But sometimes when they get two out, they tend to lose
focus and concentration.
“When you have two out, you’re three-fourths of the way there. You need to zero in, make a pitch and get out of there.”
It’s OK, Manny. Leave the math to those nerds like Bob Geren and that pencilneck in Houston or wherever he is. You’re still, by far, the most stylin’ manager in the majors.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27