Sep 21, 2010, 4:30 PM EST
Indians manager Manny Acta is not pleased that his pitchers can’t get out of an inning:
“We’ve stressed finishing innings a lot to these kids,” said manager
Manny Acta. “But sometimes when they get two out, they tend to lose
focus and concentration.
“When you have two out, you’re three-fourths of the way there. You need to zero in, make a pitch and get out of there.”
It’s OK, Manny. Leave the math to those nerds like Bob Geren and that pencilneck in Houston or wherever he is. You’re still, by far, the most stylin’ manager in the majors.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)