Sep 21, 2010, 4:03 PM EST
David Pinto has been tracking Massive Tie Scenarios over at Baseball Musings. While I would like my rooting interest to win out and all other NL teams to lose as much as humanly possible, that’s rather provincial of me. This sounds way more fun:
The Phillies did their best to kill the chances of a five-way tie in the
National League by defeating the Braves Monday night. However, they
did increase the chances of a four-way tie between the Braves and the
three wild card contenders. We can still get a tie at 93 wins.
And if that happenes?
The three NL West teams would play a two-day single elimination
tournament to determine the NL West winner. The three remaining teams
would then play a two-day, single elimination tournament to determine
the Wild Card winner.
I’m guessing there have been better things that have occurred in the history of baseball, but as I sit here right now, I can’t think of any.
Pinto updates this daily, so by all means, bookmark Baseball Musings and check back. And pray for insanity, even if it coming to pass would ensure that Braves, Giants, Rockies and Padres fans would all have heart attacks while it was being resolved.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 61
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)