Sep 21, 2010, 4:03 PM EDT
David Pinto has been tracking Massive Tie Scenarios over at Baseball Musings. While I would like my rooting interest to win out and all other NL teams to lose as much as humanly possible, that’s rather provincial of me. This sounds way more fun:
The Phillies did their best to kill the chances of a five-way tie in the
National League by defeating the Braves Monday night. However, they
did increase the chances of a four-way tie between the Braves and the
three wild card contenders. We can still get a tie at 93 wins.
And if that happenes?
The three NL West teams would play a two-day single elimination
tournament to determine the NL West winner. The three remaining teams
would then play a two-day, single elimination tournament to determine
the Wild Card winner.
I’m guessing there have been better things that have occurred in the history of baseball, but as I sit here right now, I can’t think of any.
Pinto updates this daily, so by all means, bookmark Baseball Musings and check back. And pray for insanity, even if it coming to pass would ensure that Braves, Giants, Rockies and Padres fans would all have heart attacks while it was being resolved.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 28
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 45
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 102
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 32