Sep 21, 2010, 11:30 AM EDT
“I figured the guy would rather me trip him rather than get tased”
— Braves leftfielder Matt Diaz, commenting on his tripping up of the dude who ran on the field in the red body suit last night during the Braves-Phillies game.
Best comment I heard about it: the guy must have been lefthanded, because otherwise Diaz would have missed him.
Second best comment I heard: Lucky Martin Prado didn’t hit him, or else he would have bounced to short, been tossed to the second baseman and then fired down to first. Zing!
Oh, and to head off more angry comments like the ones in the recap thread: Cole Hamels pitched wonderfully last night. He’s truly a prince among men. If I had a daughter of marrying age, I would feel obligated to tender her and a sizable dowry to Mr. Hamels post haste.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 0
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 3
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 11
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 49
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 30
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)