Sep 21, 2010, 11:30 AM EST
“I figured the guy would rather me trip him rather than get tased”
– Braves leftfielder Matt Diaz, commenting on his tripping up of the dude who ran on the field in the red body suit last night during the Braves-Phillies game.
Best comment I heard about it: the guy must have been lefthanded, because otherwise Diaz would have missed him.
Second best comment I heard: Lucky Martin Prado didn’t hit him, or else he would have bounced to short, been tossed to the second baseman and then fired down to first. Zing!
Oh, and to head off more angry comments like the ones in the recap thread: Cole Hamels pitched wonderfully last night. He’s truly a prince among men. If I had a daughter of marrying age, I would feel obligated to tender her and a sizable dowry to Mr. Hamels post haste.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 8
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 55
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 69
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 57
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)