Sep 21, 2010, 11:30 AM EST
“I figured the guy would rather me trip him rather than get tased”
– Braves leftfielder Matt Diaz, commenting on his tripping up of the dude who ran on the field in the red body suit last night during the Braves-Phillies game.
Best comment I heard about it: the guy must have been lefthanded, because otherwise Diaz would have missed him.
Second best comment I heard: Lucky Martin Prado didn’t hit him, or else he would have bounced to short, been tossed to the second baseman and then fired down to first. Zing!
Oh, and to head off more angry comments like the ones in the recap thread: Cole Hamels pitched wonderfully last night. He’s truly a prince among men. If I had a daughter of marrying age, I would feel obligated to tender her and a sizable dowry to Mr. Hamels post haste.
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 9
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 60
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 58
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 46
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 8
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)